03 Gt Mods I Need Some Ideas

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
TrueBlueGT said:
IIRC, it depends on what setup you go with (intercooled v. non; high boost/big bore or normal; polished or not; etc). You can make them pretty expensive if you go with all the bells & whistles but I would definitely say they're worth it. A lot of times I wish I had bought this for my 01 gt instead of spending the money on the cobra.
i guess just a KB1.7 with an intercooler with an 8#pully, fuel pumps and injectors???? can anybody think of a price?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
You'll be looking at roughly $4K iirc. I had a copy of MM&FF when the kb 2v kit came out where they did a write up on an install on a bullitt. Made great power w/ lots of torque at 8psi. It's going to cost you some coin; a procharger kit would be cheaper & simpler to install but it won't look nearly as clean under the hood as the kb.

Last edited:

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
subframes, controll arms, dr's, 3:73's , intake and exhaust are obviously the first steps needed in these cars no matter what you do.
you can spray it cheap and easy, or just put that money towards a procharger. ( filling bottles and running out of n2o when you need it gets old fast!) i know first hand.
if you get a procharger, get the d1sc because you can keep upgrading that between pulleys. no matter how much boost you start with, it's never enough! and the d1's can throw out some descent boost.

just my 2 cents. everyone's opinion is different based on thier experiences.

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
Screamin Cobra said:
Why not? When its tuned and done right you can run 8psi all day long with stock internals. Thats what intercoolers are for.
no i ment to answer the last question.....I ment that you dont have to worry about your internals at 8#

Users who are viewing this thread