03 GT Convertible Multimedia Install

bigdog2k7

Established Member
As soon as I bought my mustang, I was sick of the horrible mach 460 6 disc changer headunit. Although it sounded decent, it loved skipping and eating my cds to the point where I wanted a replacement. Looking for a semi stock looking headunit, I found the Pioneer AVH4300DVD which turned out to be an awesome unit. Not only is it very inconspicuous, but it has all the features of high end multimedia units without the navigation (which my EVO4G already has).

Long story short, I wired up a relay to bypass the ebrake security function, and took my center console off the car and hid it underneath. I figured since I don't like exposed wires either, I would run extensions of all the 3.5mm audio, RCA, and Video cables into my center console. I finished off the install with a stainless steel faceplate I purchased from a home theater website to match my stainless pedals, mach 1 trim, and shift knob.

Enough with typing, here are the pictures!
Stock headunit:
IMAG0230.jpg

My wiring underneath the center console:
IMAG0015.jpg

The faceplate and all my plug ins in the center console so I can hide my phone or other devices in there and play music/video:
IMAG0014.jpg

Finally, the headunit itself:
IMAG0187.gif

IMAG0188.gif

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
if you dont mind, could you tell me exactly how you bypassed the ebrake? I have the Pioneer 2400BT and cannot figure out how to bypass the ebrake to play dvd's

bigdog2k7

Established Member
Wow, looks very good haha. Nice little mod to do
Thank you. I'm happy with it and I can hide my phone in the center console. Very nice theft deterrent when the top is down.
if you dont mind, could you tell me exactly how you bypassed the ebrake? I have the Pioneer 2400BT and cannot figure out how to bypass the ebrake to play dvd's
I actually had to build a relay and run a few wires to get the Ebrake bypass to work. Google is your friend on this one, I searched google for pioneer 4300dvd ebrake bypass and found a few youtube videos I used for reference. Cost for parts to bypass the Ebrake are approx 10-20 bucks depending on your electrical connector/heat shrink inventory lol.
lol you just ground out the e-brake wire....pretty simple.
Not on these radios unfortunately, my JVC was a piece of cake... The new pioneers are a PITA. Not that I watch movies while I drive, but it keeps the gf quiet on road trips and hot summer days :beer::rockon:
Looks great! I love the mach 1 gauges too :beer:
Thank you, I didn't realize how many interior add-ons this car had until I compared it to a few other GT's I went for a test drive in. I love the "two-tone" look myself.

Users who are viewing this thread