'03 For Sale

BenD

Established Member
I noticed a Black '03 coupe for sale at a Local Ford dealer, Value Store, in Colo. Spgs., CO Saturday Nov. 06, '04.

I stopped and looked it over briefly. It has 21,000 miles on it and as far as I can determine it is bone stock. It appears to be in very good condition in and out. I think that it's over priced at $28,988, but I'm sure that's probably negotiable.

According to the Sales guy he said someone traded it on a new '05 GT along with another vehicle. Past experience tells me that 80% of these guys lie like hell and the other 20% are just plain stupid.

With that said, if anyone is interested I can give you the dealer, sales guy, and I can get their phone #.

I thought I'd pass it on just in the event someone is still searching.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
someone would trade in an 03 cobra for a less powerful and ugly 05 GT!!!???

somehow i dont believe that. that salesguy deserves to be interrogated!

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
They had to trade in an 03 and another vehicle for a new GT? What kind of price do they have on these things?:shrug:

04DarkShadowGT

Established Member
Well the only thing I know is there are quite a few 04 Cobras still on the lots and the new 05 GTs and V6s are flying out the door for nearly identical prices as the 04 SVTs.

I would believe someone traded a Cobra for an 05 GT. I wouldnt do it but it wouldnt suprise me if there are people who do.

x14

Established Member
The sales rep should really beef up that story cause it's gonna take more than the look of the 05 GT to get a someone to trade in a 03 Cobra.

If someone really traded in an 03 Cobra for an 05 GT then he shouldn't of gotten the Cobra to begin with.

Fuerza

Established Member
Ben you had me scared for a second, I thought you were selling your car.

PIXER

Banned
Anybody ever think that when he said "05 GT" and "CLUE" traded in another car (meaning traded 2 vehicals that it could possibly be a FORD GT. He never said it was a mustang, plus it would take 2 cars. just my $.02

Black03WPB

Established Member
Im at the point where Iw ould trade my 03 Cobra for a 05 GT.

Have guys ever driven it? I rather like the looks, and its much more solid than our cars could ever hope to be... all part of the new chassis.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
$28,988. is definitely overpriced. New '04s have been selling in the $29-$31K range. An '03 with 21,000 miles is more in the $24-26K range from what I've seen lately.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by x14
The sales rep should really beef up that story cause it's gonna take more than the look of the 05 GT to get a someone to trade in a 03 Cobra.

If someone really traded in an 03 Cobra for an 05 GT then he shouldn't of gotten the Cobra to begin with.
Why? People's tastes vary and many find the Cobra to either be not the car they expected it to be, or found another that they liked better. As good as the Cobra is performance wise there are a lot of reasons why someone would trade it in for an '05 GT, or maybe an '05 Vette. Just read the reviews. JMO.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
The 2005 Mustang GT is a better car than the 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra. It is slower, but otherwise a better car.

Trublu01

Established Member
Originally posted by cito
The 2005 Mustang GT is a better car than the 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra. It is slower, but otherwise a better car.

Agreed. Suspension, handling, and interior are much better. but yes 28K is about 4K too much for an 03 at this point.

Last edited:

BenD

Established Member
Not a chance!

OrangeSvtCobra

The only time me and the '03 will part company is if I go to the bone yard or it does, which ever comes first.

It will probably be me and my wife will keep it in the garage for the next 20 years. She never gets rid of anything.

By the way how is everything going for you. Aren't you glad you're not in Fallujah this go around.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread