03 DSG Mach 1

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
ehhhh, looks like crap E. good thing i havent let you touch my cobra...oh wait...good thing i havent let you touch Heather's Hummer. ;-)

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
wingless ftw. looks good

Thanks man!:beer:

ehhhh, looks like crap E. good thing i havent let you touch my cobra...oh wait...good thing i havent let you touch Heather's Hummer. ;-)

I know. It looks like a straight up turd sammich bro...lol Yeah she'd probably club me to death for making her hummer look like a big ol turd sammich...:dancenana:

RcodeStang

Established Member
Looks great. DSG can pull off the stripe removal quite well.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay to have the trunk fixed up? I removed my wing as well but I'm sick of looking at the messed up paint around where it used to be and the plastic plugs I stuck in the holes.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Very nice! I like how it looks w/o the vinyl stripe on the hood... might have to do the same.

I have my hood stripe off it looks weird, takes away from it being a Mach 1, and it has a faded outling of the decal area.. Mine came of in one spot and have every intention of replacing it..

GL..

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
Looks great. DSG can pull off the stripe removal quite well.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay to have the trunk fixed up? I removed my wing as well but I'm sick of looking at the messed up paint around where it used to be and the plastic plugs I stuck in the holes.

I got a really good deal on the paint and labor on getting the decklid repainted. I think the quotes I got averaged around the $400-500 mark but I did that back in 06 and can't remember exactly how much they were. I love the stripe removal as well. It gave a great balance to the wingless look. Thanks man! :beer:

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
I have my hood stripe off it looks weird, takes away from it being a Mach 1, and it has a faded outling of the decal area.. Mine came of in one spot and have every intention of replacing it..

GL..

It does take away from the traditional mach look but with the wing off it gave a great balance to the car. My hood was repainted so I didn't have any fade issues with mine.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
Im alos contemplating taking my decal off, Car looks very clean though, BUt not sure if i can handle it without a decal on the hood!!! haha, id have to have someone photoshop my car (cobra front bumper) without the hood stripe. any body? help with that?

Sorry I missed you before. I just saw your post. Thanks man! :beer: I loved the decal-less look of them. I'd def say get someone to photoshop it and see what you think. I thought it'd be hideous but I loved it instantly!

Users who are viewing this thread