03 DSG Cobra for sale

03cobrashadow

Established Member
I have my '03 Cobra for sale, and it only has a just a little over 34K on her. Nothing wrong at all with the car, I am moving back to CA from VA and I just do not need to take her with me. The car is in Chase City, VA presently.

The engine is stock with the only addition of a JLT CAI, the exhaust has been changed to the Magnaflow 'X' pipes with hi-flow cats, and the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system. I also had the Eibach lowering springs installed and the LPW rear end cover. Additional performance parts available; however not installed are: 1) Billetflow 2.76 pulley and 100mm snub idler, 2) Reisch performance 170 degree thermostat, 3) boost gauge overlay.

I installed the Nitto 555 tires on the 10th Anniversary wheels while adding the 10.5" wheels in the back. I have all of the stock parts if someone wants to put the car back to 100% stock.

The car is 6494 out of 8394 with a build date of 4/8/2003. I am asking $21,500 or best offer. Car is listed on Craigslist in Richmond, VA presently with pictures. Here's the link with pics: http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2658201774.html

Last edited:

03cobrashadow

Established Member
Can't believe all of the Terminator Cobras for sale. However, it doesn't seem like too many are selling either for 1), lack of available funding, 2) too close to the holidays and people want hold on to their money, or 3) maybe not as popular as they were with the new 5.0's and GT500's out.

mike.b

Established Member
Can't believe all of the Terminator Cobras for sale. However, it doesn't seem like too many are selling either for 1), lack of available funding, 2) too close to the holidays and people want hold on to their money, or 3) maybe not as popular as they were with the new 5.0's and GT500's out.

i think its a combo of the economy and winter fast approaching for most of the country.

i'd bet these classifieds start clearing out much quicker come spring time

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
combination of christmas and weather. I'd buy if I was home but I'm overseas currently. Winter doesn't bother me, just more time to mod.

03cobrashadow

Established Member
Here's another question for everyone. What sells these cars faster; 1) stock low mileage, or 2) modified with low mileage. We all know that the lowest price with a good condition, reasonable mileage will sell pretty quick.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
well im in the market after i get back from my deployment. I have the funds available and I'm looking for a mystichrome or another 04 with under 27000 miles and a whipple/kb with supporting fuel mods. Nothing crazy. Definitely not someones drag car either. Just a nice street car.

03cobrashadow

Established Member
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Mystichrome as well. I'm actually going to buy a new GT500 should I be lucky to sell the Cobra. If not, I am going to change the pulley and have it tuned before I leave VA.

03cobrashadow

Established Member
I'm in Chase City, VA...approximately 90 miles or so south of Richmond.

Anyway, me selling the Cobra is a want and not a need. I'm leaving around 12/1 headed back to Northern CA, wife and kids are there, and I'll just take the Cobra back with me if its not sold.

03cobrashadow

Established Member
You know I have had a lot ofl inquiries about my Cobra. Just to make sure everyone who is interested knows, I have installed the following new performance parts within the last two months.

1. JLT CAI
2. Magnaflow 'X' pipe with hi-flow cats
3. Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
4. MGW short-throw shifter
5. LPW rear end cover
6. 10.5" 10th Anniversary wheels on the rear
7. New Nitto 555's - 275/40/17's in front and 315/35/17's in the rear
8. Eibach Sport lowering springs (1.5" drop)

In boxes, not installed.

1. Billetflow 2.76 pulley with 100mm snub idler pulley
2. New 75 3/4" serpentine belt
3. Reicht 170 degree thermostat
4. Hilton boost overlay
5. JLT RAI (will not install)

Note: Side windows and the rear window have been tinted.

Thanks!

03cobrashadow

Established Member
Sorry, no trades. I'm only wanting to sell in order to buy a new GT500 once I move back to CA. If I do not sell the car before 12/1, then I will keep her and off to CA we go.

Last edited:

03cobrashadow

Established Member
Oh well, decided to go ahead and install the remainder of the performance parts and get her tuned. Still can be a good deal for someone that makes a reasonable offer. Key word is "reasonable".

Maverick-4

Established Member
was the pulley ever installed or is it just extra parts that are included?

Was thinking this same thing here! lol IMO a non pullied cobra is more desirable than a pullied termi, but thats just me (I know theres also a market for modified ones too) prefer to start with a stock car than a heavily moded one you know..

Last edited:

03cobrashadow

Established Member
That's what I thought. When I was looking to buy, I wanted a Termionator that hadn't been run to death and modded to the hilt. Wanted to do it my way. So I did some tastefull mods to this Cobra, and after my wife (she is in CA) gave me the option of her buying me a new GT500, then I stopped doing any modifications to the car.

I know my ad pictures don't do justice to just how nice this car looks. And maybe DSG is not the most popular color either; however I have kepted this car immaculate, it's covered up, garaged kepted, and does not see bad weather. Really babied.

I just don't want to have to drive or ship (too expensive) the car back to CA. I also have to freight ship parts off the car back to CA...another expense. That's why I want to sell the car, and then I will buy again.

Users who are viewing this thread