03 CPE Single Turbo Update w/ Pics

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
I was curious if you had more pics of the pipe routing and things like that. Im trying to get ideas for my turbo setup

Jpjr

Established Member
Not to speculate, but isn't that thing going to have monstorous lag?!? I mean, your not running an 8L Viper motor. That is a huge pipe and will take a ton of wind to build enough pressure. If you can figure that out however this thing is going to be a beast..

TRBO VNM

Jpjr said:
Not to speculate, but isn't that thing going to have monstorous lag?!? I mean, your not running an 8L Viper motor. That is a huge pipe and will take a ton of wind to build enough pressure. If you can figure that out however this thing is going to be a beast..

with the turbo that was on Eric's (svtdubs), it was over 5k rpm for full boost. not sure if this is a different turbo though.

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
5k to full boost...damn. Definitely a lil large for a stock 4.6 then. Either way the kit looks good and I'm in talks w/ a bunch of different ppl as we're getting ready to fab up a T70.96 to my '69 w/ a 306.

Can't wait to hear the final numbers.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Any updates on this?? I really wanted to pick that kit up and give her a go! Since that obviously didn't happen, I'm curious to see the results.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
sorry guys, i know its been a while. well the fuel system is being done, or should be done i should say and then all thats really left is the interior and a custom exhaust. im not too worried about the exhaust right now, if worst comes o worst, ill run it with an open down pipe. im ganna head to the shop this afternoon after i get off work and then ill give you guys a no sh1t update.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
So do you have an update for us by chance? I am really interested in seeing how this turbo kit performs.

I saw the car today. I believe they are still finishing up a few things. Damn......huge turbo, intake piping, and down pipe makes my 76mm look tinnnnnnnnnnnnnny.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
yeah,like Onelfastlride said. they are finishing up a few things. still need a line or two for the fuel system and my evans thermostat/ system put in. all the interior is done with the exception of a gauge or two and ebc. it is definately very, very close to completion. ill get some pics this week and post them up.

to be honest i am not sure the cfm of the intercooler or how you determine that. but if you let me know how, ill find out for you.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
with the turbo that was on Eric's (svtdubs), it was over 5k rpm for full boost. not sure if this is a different turbo though.

I had full boost by 4700rpm on the dyno, perfect for highway racing, thats why we built the kit in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread