03 CPE Single Turbo Update w/ Pics

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
I know its been a long time since I posted an update about my car. So here are a few teaser pics of the progress. Its getting very close to be finished and Im getting excited to say the least. I attempted to do the work myself in the begining,but then I got really busy with work and had to use some help. So I went to Zamboni's Speed and Custom and all I can say is they have been nothing but great with me.

Luispics141.jpg

Luispics137.jpg

Luispics138.jpg

Luispics139.jpg

Luispics136.jpg

Luispics134.jpg

Luispics140.jpg

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
well right now its a one off kit. the turbo size is a GT47-80 or 88, but im almost certain its 80. i choose it b-cuz, i liked the way the kit looked, the quality was great and b-cuz its something different. the guy who made this it is very smart dude and after talking to him for a while i asked him about it. i basically pursued him about the kit and asked what he was ganna do with it. long story short here it is.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
motor is stock other than me powder coating the valve covers and changing the oil pan to an MMR unit. I also bought their Sumped tank. I am going with a return system using the aeromotive pro-series pump, filters and regulator. i have a full MM suspension and their 6 point roll bar. irs wise i am just running the billetflow thick polished aluminum diff. cover that they only mae like 10 of. i have all the bushing for the irs that i need to do and i will buy some level 5's here in the future.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
as far as the hood, we are going to give it a try and see if it'll work with minimal modifications. if not then i will look into something different, but i definately want something light weight if i am going to switch.

it should be done by the begining of this following month if that long. i am going to be out of town the first week fo Sept. but hopefully when i get back it'll be ood to go.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
:) Nice, Riverview, FL huh, I'll have to check it out some time. Is that the kit off SVTDubs car? I hope CPE fixed, better understands, their issues with the o2 sensor location since the first car that kit was installed on. Will the drive side head light fit back in place?

Good luck.

Last edited:

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
yeah riverview it is. stop by sometime if your in the area. it is the original kit off of SVTDubs car. i just added my own touch to it with the powder coating and so on. yes the drivers side head will be back on. the big stuff is done, now its all the time consuming little stuff. thanks again

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
SIr- yeah its a big ass filter, its pretty low to say the least....lol...

AdrianG- there was some cutting involved, like cutting a hole in the driver side fenderwell for the air filter, also some of the bumber support for the intercooler, and small hole for the p/s hoses to be run under the old battery location. Overall its not too bad and if you take your time and get good measurements, it looks very professional. usually im not one to cut parts off a vechicle, especially one like this. but i am very proud of the craftsmmanship and work being done. i am using all MM stuff as far as suspension goes. k-member, a-arms, coil overs, flsfc and so on.

Thatguy2-thats cool man we will have to meet up when your projects done. mine should be done the begining of Sept. hopefully.

Thatguy2

No swimming
Established Member
I have the kit on now just getting the little thing squared away. (maybe this week)
I'm hoping to have it tune and done about the same time as you.
We hang out and race sat night in lakeland

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Sneeks2nv said:
yeah riverview it is. stop by sometime if your in the area. it is the original kit off of SVTDubs car. i just added my own touch to it with the powder coating and so on. yes the drivers side head will be back on. the big stuff is done, now its all the time consuming little stuff. thanks again

Yeah........I live in Riverview too, I've seen the shop many times driving by, getting gas, or at the car wash. Guess we're lucky cause there are a few shops in the area. I have a Hellion car.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
Onelfastlride, ive never seen you around. what color car do you have? do you drive it often? you are right though. we are lucky to have so many shops in the area. it make you spoiled to say the least. do you meet up with anyone in the area and hangout during the week/ weekends?

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Sneeks2nv said:
Onelfastlride, ive never seen you around. what color car do you have? do you drive it often? you are right though. we are lucky to have so many shops in the area. it make you spoiled to say the least. do you meet up with anyone in the area and hangout during the week/ weekends?

Cobra is garaged most of the time, especially during this hot weather. Silver. I think I saw yours sitting outside the other day as I drove from Walmart to Lowes. I used to live in the St. Pete area and had some car bodies over there. Now in Ghettoview I don't know many others, I sometimes stop by Coastal.

Users who are viewing this thread