03 cobra -What oil to run

NASTY SVT

Established Member
just bought a cobra and would like to do an oil change on it what oil should i run and how many quarts are needed thanks

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
SEARCH Button will give you all the answers and more.

I agree. There are some good threads on this subject but you will find after reading these threads that everyone has there favorite brand of oil. I think the most important thing is to just change it every 3000 to 5000 miles using quality oil and oil filter and you should be fine. Most of us on this board use synthetic oil. Mobil 1, Amsoil, or Royal Purple. Some still use the Ford synthetic blend. I use Amsoil 0w30 with an Amsoil oil filter.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I tried to search and post all the threads that has been discussed in, but I can't seem to find any because of how common the words are when searching. I already filtered it down to just "terminator talk" and "thread titles" only.

How could you refine the search even more? (because right now it looks like the search feature is useless when searching any topic thats been discussed so much)
:shrug:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
You can a conventional or synthetic 5w30 5w20, or whatever in this motor, as long as your changing it regularly your fine. Im a firm believer anything that is raced or beaten on regularly needs to be changed. Not worth my time to spend 60 bux an oil change on sythetics.....

I run 5w30 Castrol GTX in mine conventional, with a Purolator 24651 filter....change it every 2000 miles.n Although I beat the shit outa my car

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
oil

You can a conventional or synthetic 5w30 5w20, or whatever in this motor, as long as your changing it regularly your fine. Im a firm believer anything that is raced or beaten on regularly needs to be changed. Not worth my time to spend 60 bux an oil change on sythetics.....

I run 5w30 Castrol GTX in mine conventional, with a Purolator 24651 filter....change it every 2000 miles.n Although I beat the shit outa my car

i also use castrol 5/20 i use 6qrts i bottle stp oil treatmeant...268k go castrol

Terminated03

Established Member
I was a religious Mobil 1 5w-20 guy and then I decided to give Amsoil a try since my buddy "joined" Amsoil and was getting a discount. I went with their Signature Series 0w-30 on this last oil change and I think the car runs a bit smoother.

I dont think you can go wrong either way, but from what Ive heard #w-30 will give you a little more protection.

Jroc

Established Member
In many ways oil is just oil. You have Conventional, and Synthetic.(Conventional is mined out of the ground, and Synthetic is produced in a lab) There are many good oils to run. I personally run German Castrol in my vehicles. You can only buy it over the counter at Autozone as far as common stores that sell oil goes. Its Castrol 0W30 and says something like European Blend on it.

Users who are viewing this thread