'03 Cobra vs. '99 lightning *vid*

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I just talked to the camara man on the phone......believe it or not I started after or right with him.....he will get on later and clear things up....he goes by tundra-la....and I just looked at the vid and his boost is pegged at 10lbs!I have more and will edit them and post them....one is from a 60 punch and is more brutal.....the 35 punch was for his benefit because the chipped L jumps down to 1st......

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
After what you said about the boost gauge I watched that part again and it is showing boost till he lets off. You can just barely catch the needle on its way down.

Last edited:

jabtay

Established Member
At least they were both fords:beer: Personally i would hate to get pulled that hard, i would have to do some mods.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
The guy who owns the L is a very good friend......he and I have had alot of fun in that truck......Tundra, as he is known, has alot of vids posted on LS1.com....of him smacking around various F-bods.....he used to have a site up w/ lots of vids...the truck got a very fast rep, and soon nobody wanted to race it.....he informed me on the '03 a year ago and I had to get one....he drives it whenever he wants and I get the truck.....Not a huge ford fan up until the second gen L came out...now I am hooked to Ford S/C vehicles.....more vids to come.......

P.S. right after that vid was shot I got pulled over for 95mph over the speed limit....and somehow I got off, not even a ticket...he got a big emergency call I guess....small town crime...heh,heh

Tundra

Established Member
Whats up everyone,

I am the one driving the Lightning. All I have for mods is the JDM chip, 90mm mass air, and no muffler. It has treated me very well.

I wish the Lightning sound system was good enough to make that kind of noise, but unfortunately, my camera doesn't record sound when making movies. I had a camera that did it, but I broke it. About 2 years ago, right after I got the camera, I made a bunch vids from all the street racing that was being done. If you watch race videos of Lightnings from the street, I am pretty sure you have seen some of mine. Look on morpheus, that's what makes me proud.

Anyhow, back to the race. That race seen is one of about 4 or 5, I dont remember. What I do remember however, is that we went from a 40, and couldn't slow down to 35, due to traffic coming up on us on the freeway. We all know what happens when you floor a chipped L at 40, 2nd gear greets you with some bog. I think 00yellowr had it in 2nd too, but with about 1500 lbs less.

You guys like those vids? The other ones from that night are up on the site, but they are in quicktime format. I tried to title them from the speed we went from. the one we went from a 35 roll is the one with the cop car in it. It is the 2nd to last car you see in oncoming traffic. Another race I took it up to 125 before I shut down. If someone would edit the vids like the one posted, I'd appreciate it. Heck, I'd be inclined to send that person a cd of everything from the past.

http://www.brokezr.8k.com/images/movies/Modded03Cvschipped99L/ :thumbsup:

They are huge files and I dont have the resources to covert them and put some cool music to it. Thanks to a local legend up here I've got a host for them. Its too bad its so close to winter up here.

My sig should have my old site that I havent updated in more than a year and a half. I've been :read: lately and all the F-bods and C5s are :chicken: ever since I got my chip.

Soap,

No aftermarket gauges, just since the day I got it. Haven't even installed a boost bypass kit or messed with the tip-in controller. If you saw it read 0 lbs, then I was off the gas coasting. During the race it is actually pegged on the 1 on the 10.

LAter

Forgot to mention,

We are gonna have the Cobra dynoed tomorrow, the mods I put on that car are JDM chip, Dr. Gas X, and bassani chamerless cat back, no cats on the car whatsoever. I am pretty sure the owner hasn't put anything else on the car.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
The video clearity was great, do you have sound? Does the S/C in the lightning whine as loud as the Cobra?

Good Job on all those videos...

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
just got back from the dyno....I put down 424 Hp and 417 torque!!!!! I am a very happy '03 owner, I have only $800 in mods...not bad....those vids should be up soon, along w/ the graphs, when the shop e-mails them to me...

Tundra

Established Member
Some sick numbers there bud.

I've got a picture of your graph, but no way to host it.

Tundra

Established Member
Sorry all, the movie came down when the bandwidth was exceeded.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The link doesent work!

The vid doesent work..:gt: I really want to see what yall are talking about!! thanks.

99 Electric Green/Medium Parchment Cobra
Baer Eradispeed Rotors
Mac Cat-Back
Procharger/Lightning MAF/42#ers in the mail

Users who are viewing this thread