'03 Cobra vs. '99 lightning *vid*

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Shot this vid last night.....the Lightning has a JDM chip and exhaust....he runs 13 flats @ 106-107 in the 1/4....he just got a new camara and wanted to get some footage..... He goes up to about 117mph and I get up to the top of 4th....I think 130ish didn't really look down....it was from a 35-40mph punch.....

Enjoy

http://www.brokezr.8k.com/images/movies/Modded03Cvschipped99L/03cobravslight.WMV

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I would guess 8-10.....I put them on so fast I couldn't tell.....that is the fastest I have ever seen a L get walked....He is a very good camara man...nice touch with the speedo shots....

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Hey, do you know what song was playing in the cabin of the L during the vid?? Or was that added??? It sounded cool! That was a kick @ss vid too, i want both!! :D

Last edited:

TREVORNATION

enough lurking, might as well register

the song is by Ill Nino.
so a search on iMesh or something like that. they're a hardcore band with heavy latin influence.

Originally posted by DOHC32VMark8
Hey, do you know what song was playing in the cabin of the L during the vid?? Or was that added??? It sounded cool! That was a kick @ss vid too, i want both!! :D

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
I watched it again, I am positive he got a bad start. I'm not saying the L would have won, but it wouldn't have been nearly like that.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?
I watched it again, I am positive he got a bad start. I'm not saying the L would have won, but it wouldn't have been nearly like that.

The Cobra forget walked ran from him. If it was a bad jump or start the Cobra would have stop or slowed accelerating from him and he actually just kept going faster.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Actually no, if the first vehicle starts accelerating first, it will move away continuosly not pull ahead then stop pulling. Say they are doing 50. The cobra punches it and pulls up to 57 pefore the lightning downshifts and starts moving. Well now the cobras speed is 7 mph greater than the L even though the L is now accelerating, the 7 mph advantage is still there to the Cobra. So it will just walk away slowly even if the cars are dead nutz matched.

Trust me on this, I have seen it to many times in my own L while racing a manual car. If I just floor it while cruising when I hear the other car go for it, I don't start going for a half sec or so and the other car usually walks me. If I punch it and then they go then we get a much better start.

I've pulled quite a few M6 LS1's on the interstate but only if we start going at the same time, meaning I either downshifted for it or punched the gas before they did so that we both actually start to accelerate at the same time. Otherwise they just walk away slowly.

Last edited:

Friendchicken

Were you in the cobra? don't assume it got a head start. Even if the cobra did get a jump, it was steadily pulling away.

Grumpy

Established Member
If you knew you were going to race, why did you allow the auto trans to downshift vs just holding it in the proper gear to begin with??? That would eliminate the lost time due to the downshift.

I guess if no camera person were available this would have had to be the case; but then if the camera was brought along to take the vid, then it would have been easy to arrange for another person to run the camera.

Last edited:

Friendchicken

Originally posted by Got Incon?
I never said it would have won, but I KNOW it wouldn't have won like that if they had started equally.

Ya, I know what you are saying. Besides, at that speed it wouldn't matter much for all the air that the L has to push.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Originally posted by Grumpy
If you knew you were going to race, why did you allow the auto trans to downshift vs just holding it in the proper gear to begin with??? That would eliminate the lost time due to the downshift.

I guess if no camera person were available this would have had to be the case; but then if the camera was brought along to take the vid, then it would have been easy to arrange for another person to run the camera.

I am guessing its because of what you said, he was holding the camera with his right hand, so he cant shift.

Soap

Established Member
Just an observation.......

Did that guy in the L have an aftermarket boost gauge, to where he would have disconnected the vacuum line for the stock one to hook up the other one......his is reading 0 boost at WOT.

Wouldn't have mattered if they left the same time or not, or even if the L would have left early on the Stang. I have raced plenty from a roll and a stop. I know the L's are out of their league when trying to take a 03 from a roll. Now from a light......maybe things would be different, well at least up to 110 or so.

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread