03 cobra vs 5.0 gt cs

03 deadpool

Established Member
A local kid has a real nice red 5.0 GT cs not sure the year but it is coyote powered has some rims from a boss on it a different spolier thats kinda big but looks good but...... does have a bunch of ricer like decals on the rocker panels MSD, Autometer, Nitto, and it does have one of the loudest exhausts i have heard on a new mustang. So i was on my way home in the cobra and noticed that he slid in behind me somewhere i headed to the highway to go to my town a nice straight 4 lane road we call 3 mile hill, At the traffic light he sat behind me revving his engine a little the light turned green and i headed up the mountain i got into third in the sweet spot and kinda cruised there and he did what i thought he would do jumped in the left lane to come around me i was getting the dracula look as he passed and he gunned it , i got into it too quickly jumped out shifted to fourth and put on quite a few cars on him and held it to 120 and let out, he kinda hung back and didnt get to close for the rest of the trip next time i see him in town i stop and ask if he raced a white cobra and find out what mods he has.

clc44

Established Member
Some guys just don't respect the terminators. Most now a days have an aftermarket blower and make 550+ at the wheels. I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson.

Inb0ost

Established Member
Nice kill! ^ +1 as the terminators age so does the knowledge of them. Also doesn't help that every time ford changes the mustang you get all of the bandwagon owners/drivers who aren't educated as to what the competition is on the street.

PHX396

Established Member
Never underestimate a terminator. I think some of the younger kids now days don't even know what they are. I had a kid tell me cool badges I put on my F150 and asked where I got the lightning badge made. I told him Ford. Lol he walked away puzzled I could tell.

LazyDriver

Established Member
Never underestimate a terminator. I think some of the younger kids now days don't even know what they are. I had a kid tell me cool badges I put on my F150 and asked where I got the lightning badge made. I told him Ford. Lol he walked away puzzled I could tell.

Happened to me yesterday , my neighbor asked where I got the lightning emblem from and if I put it on myself lol , nice kill op sure would've loved to see the look on his face when he realized what he got himself into

03 deadpool

Established Member
Saw the guy at the gas station i pulled into the pump next to him, i was in my escape and got out and started pumping gas i said nice car he started telling me about it. Car has kn cold air, bama tune, off road ex pipe, mbrp after cat. he was really talking it up. So i asked did you race any white cobras up the mtn ? Then he simply said holy shit that car is fast made me feel good. i told him to lose the bama tune and the sticker pack.

Rios302

Established Member
Saw the guy at the gas station i pulled into the pump next to him, i was in my escape and got out and started pumping gas i said nice car he started telling me about it. Car has kn cold air, bama tune, off road ex pipe, mbrp after cat. he was really talking it up. So i asked did you race any white cobras up the mtn ? Then he simply said holy shit that car is fast made me feel good. i told him to lose the bama tune and the sticker pack.
I have to disagree when it comes to the Bama tune specially for bolt on cars. My car is half a second faster thanks to it. Not only that, it now drives better than stock. I am pretty sure other 5.0 owners with 3.73 gears know what I am talking about when it comes to driveability.

Bth2278

Established Member
What's funny is a lot of the bandwagon jumpers jumped all over the new coyote its so fast with just bolt ons and runs low 12s with bolt ons etc.... ummm no car was more simple to make go fast than the 03/04 cobras lol where have you been???

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 with a v2 Bama Race tune and CAI and it's quick but wouldn't stand a chance against a pullied terminator with a tune. Stock for stock it would be a good run though

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
What's funny is a lot of the bandwagon jumpers jumped all over the new coyote its so fast with just bolt ons and runs low 12s with bolt ons etc.... ummm no car was more simple to make go fast than the 03/04 cobras lol where have you been???

The 03/04 Cobra is easier to mod also due to low cost on parts. The coyote is still a very new platform and prices on parts are higher.

Many people have run 12's stock in 5.0's and 11's with Drag Radials only. Driver and weather play a huge part.

Bolt-ons have gotten 5.0's to bottom 11's which is the same as the 03/04 Cobra.

As a former 03 cobra owner, the 5.0 is just as quick but more expensive to mods as the parts are more expensive than that of an 03/04 Cobra, even used.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Sorry to rag on the bama tune i didnt have much luck with mine. Funny a guy at a car meet this weekend big "mustang" guy never heard of a terminator. He was 35.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice kill.
FYI I did a 2nd gear hit @60 MPH. Puts you right @5k RPM. Don't be afraid to use 2nd gear-she goes up to 75. :bowdown:

Black2010

Established Member
The 03/04 Cobra is easier to mod also due to low cost on parts. The coyote is still a very new platform and prices on parts are higher.

Many people have run 12's stock in 5.0's and 11's with Drag Radials only. Driver and weather play a huge part.

Bolt-ons have gotten 5.0's to bottom 11's which is the same as the 03/04 Cobra.

As a former 03 cobra owner, the 5.0 is just as quick but more expensive to mods as the parts are more expensive than that of an 03/04 Cobra, even used.

I'm sorry but I just don't see those times where I'm at. I don't think I've ever seen a stock 5.0 go into the 11's, even with DR's. I've seen a few go super high 12's though in stock form (12.8 and 12.9). Heck, a lot of bolt on 5.0's (tune, intake and exhaust) are still running 12's. Maybe people local to me just can't drive.

I also don't agree with the cost to mod. Gears, headers, catback, etc are all about the same. The only thing cheap on the cobra to mod is the pulley but then you really have several hundred more $$$ to do that mod correctly (pulley, idlers, pulley puller tool, tune, belt, potentially BAP). I actually just priced this out yesterday and it was about $1200. But with the 03/04 cobras you need to upgrade the rear in order to run higher powers which is not something you have to do with a 5.0.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Good tune and some DR with a 6r80 and ur close to 11.9. Circle d and easy 11s

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Good tune and some DR with a 6r80 and ur close to 11.9. Circle d and easy 11s

Yep. I really love that ford made a car that is n/a and can be made that quick so easily. My good friend has a '14 stick car that is all stock and has been 12.4x on the stock pirellis. He has roush 20s on it now and still goes 12.7x with ease.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
Nice kill.
FYI I did a 2nd gear hit @60 MPH. Puts you right @5k RPM. Don't be afraid to use 2nd gear-she goes up to 75. :bowdown:

2nd in my SHO goes to about that as well. I'd rather start in 3rd and save myself a shift after a short hit. plus there's the distinct possibility that I'd spin the tires in 2nd. In my SHO 3rd goes over 100...

Users who are viewing this thread