03 Cobra VS 335i

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I think that the new 135i will be interesting....gonna have to look into them once they hit the lots. Of course that is if there are no ADM's!

JWC

Established Member
Very good times Ron! I just wasn't impressed in stock (tip car) trim but I was in the passangers seat. I did play with one in my TT Porsche but that's not fair and I couldn't judge how fast they may be.

caz713

Established Member
I have an 07 335i coupe with 13,000 on the odometer. It has the Steptronic trans (Automatic w/ paddle shifters), Sports Package, Comfort Access, and Leather.

With the Burger Motorsports Juice Box 2HR tune (less than $500.00), a mix of 93oct and Sunoco 100, and BFG 18" DR's ...I went [email protected]. I trapped 112 the same day as well.

We're deep into the twelves with software at this point.

good shit man!

2kMustangGT500

Established Member
Well I own a 2000 Mustang GT with bolt-ons and I pulled one on a highway by about half a car. We raced from 60-110. I would think a Cobra would pull me even stock.

At 2900 ft DA I run [email protected]. That is with a 2.2 60ft because I cannot get traction with the crappy Kuhmo ASXs.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i raced a blue one on the freeway this summer. maybe he wasn't racing, the way i left him.

Patriot Guy

Established Member
Funny, You should mention the "Attitude" of some of the BIMMER crowd. My favorite pastime is too let one of these "attitude" folks come up on me when I am on cruise control at 60 and then want to play. I very rarely "Play" with anything that isn't a challenge but I can tell you I absotively LOVE putting some of those young, pampered, holier-than-though BMW boys in their place. LOL!!! I love to see them stewing at the next light when they won't even look over at you to give you a thumbs up. Or they are trying to explain to their young girlfriend why they just got spanked by a "Mustang" that costs less than 1/2 of what their high falutin euro "Ultimate Driving Machine" costs them. LOL.

Great Kill.

skunk50

Established Member
Funny, You should mention the "Attitude" of some of the BIMMER crowd. My favorite pastime is too let one of these "attitude" folks come up on me when I am on cruise control at 60 and then want to play. I very rarely "Play" with anything that isn't a challenge but I can tell you I absotively LOVE putting some of those young, pampered, holier-than-though BMW boys in their place. LOL!!! I love to see them stewing at the next light when they won't even look over at you to give you a thumbs up. Or they are trying to explain to their young girlfriend why they just got spanked by a "Mustang" that costs less than 1/2 of what their high falutin euro "Ultimate Driving Machine" costs them. LOL.

Great Kill.

wow, you need to chill out. this is Breaking Away, The Outsider and Pretty in Pink all over again. :lol1:

primetime

Established Member

Great Kill.

Sounds like someone is jealous that they can't afford a BMW? Talk about a bad attitude. lol later Ron

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
12.4x with just a tune on DR. Those cars must be very detuned out of the factory. It reminds me on the huge gain on A4 with just a chip.

BMW probably didn't want the 335i to be too close to the performance of the M3. A 3.0L I6 with twin turbos ought to easily be able to do a lot more than 100hp/liter, so BMW obviously kept the boost down to makethe performance gap bigger.

Unlike supercharged cars which require different pulleys to make more power, boost can be increased on many turbo cars simply by changing the tune. I wouldn't be surprised to see an extra 100hp or so to be gained with tune changes alone.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Well I raced a 05 M3 with Nitrous. Good race, I had him by a car legnth. He gave me a good fight tho. BMW are greats cars if you ask me. But some of their owners suck with their douschebag attitudes.

skunk50

Established Member
it seems that a lot of people on these boards thinks that before and after an impromptu streetrace that the other party needs to mingle and be sociable or some shit, otherwise they're snobs. most people don't know WTF is expected in such gospel of streetracing. maybe people in BMWs don't feel comfortable looking over at another guy and waving to him like he wants a date. nor do they want a conversation, care about your mods, nor your astrological sign, etc.... maybe that's why they flyby....because they were going somewhere and not out looking for sausage. it may be common for people on forums to get all chummy after a race...but to those who aren't familiar, it's probably just plain gay.

and if they don't look over, does this means that they're snobs? maybe they're just concentrating on the road....and/or it's because your fishtailing car almost swerve into him and now he's nervous about you wrecking his car.

Common

Established Member
it seems that a lot of people on these boards thinks that before and after an impromptu streetrace that the other party needs to mingle and be sociable or some shit, otherwise they're snobs. most people don't know WTF is expected in such gospel of streetracing. maybe people in BMWs don't feel comfortable looking over at another guy and waving to him like he wants a date. nor do they want a conversation, care about your mods, nor your astrological sign, etc.... maybe that's why they flyby....because they were going somewhere and not out looking for sausage. it may be common for people on forums to get all chummy after a race...but to those who aren't familiar, it's probably just plain gay.
and if they don't look over, does this means that they're snobs? maybe they're just concentrating on the road....and/or it's because your fishtailing car almost swerve into him and now he's nervous about you wrecking his car.

:lol1:

Patriot Guy

Established Member

Ouch!!! Is is it really so hard to be nice after a fellow car fanatic has a good run!! Talk about testy and uptight. I really don't see how someone is paying attention to the road sitting at a stoplight/sign. LOL!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Patriot Guy

Established Member

Do You have Cobra Envy?? :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread