03 Cobra VS 335i

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
03 Cobra with the mods in my sig, 335i sounded like it had exhaust and not sure whatelse. Well to make a long story short...On the way back to my friends house just minding my own business when a black 335i with nice black rims passes me. Just so happens that we were both making a right turn, as we are both exiting the turn I kinda got on it to get next to him and he floors it and within 4-5 seconds he threw on his hazards :nonono: So I told my friend that I KNOW this dude will run me. We pulled up to the next light and its some younger white kid with his girlfriend. Both me and my buddy being the nice guys we are say "nice car man, that things pretty damn fast" The only response I got from this dude was "Oh really?" with a VERY cocky look on his face. So I throw a lil rev and as soon as the light turns green we are off, spin a lil threw first slam second and by the top of second I was about 1 car MAYBE 1.5-2 cars ahead. We had to turn to go to my friends house and he continued straight. Hopefully Ill see him around again and he will have a bit moar respect for a mustang :nono:

JWC

Established Member
Nice kill. I rode with a friend on his test drive in a new 335. I was not impressed. The interior of the new BMW 3's looks and feels cheap to me. Yes, I thinks it's better overall than a Mustang but not what I expected. As far as the power my friend said " It doesn't feel faster than my 98 Camero!" I couldn't disagree with him and his old Camero ran 13.70's or so. He ended up on the I can't decide to buy list for now.

mousetom78

Established Member
New bimmer test drive mid 13's@102-106 or something. They are tested little faster than Evo X. Not too shabby for a european car but euro turbo can be tuned easy and quick. I can see 335i runs deep into 12's with turbo basic boltons. Also, Evo X is a joke with 4B11 because 4G63 is gone now.

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
New bimmer test drive mid 13's@102-106 or something. They are tested little faster than Evo X. Not too shabby for a european car but euro turbo can be tuned easy and quick. I can see 335i runs deep into 12's with turbo basic boltons. Also, Evo X is a joke with 4B11 because 4G63 is gone now.

I have an 07 335i coupe with 13,000 on the odometer. It has the Steptronic trans (Automatic w/ paddle shifters), Sports Package, Comfort Access, and Leather.

With the Burger Motorsports Juice Box 2HR tune (less than $500.00), a mix of 93oct and Sunoco 100, and BFG 18" DR's ...I went [email protected]. I trapped 112 the same day as well.

We're deep into the twelves with software at this point.

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
Nice kill. I rode with a friend on his test drive in a new 335. I was not impressed. The interior of the new BMW 3's looks and feels cheap to me. Yes, I thinks it's better overall than a Mustang but not what I expected. As far as the power my friend said " It doesn't feel faster than my 98 Camero!" I couldn't disagree with him and his old Camero ran 13.70's or so. He ended up on the I can't decide to buy list for now.

I ran 13.2@103 Bone Stock on DR's...

I ran 13.5@104 Bone Stock on the RFT's (Run-Flat Tires).

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
nice kill i had no problem yanking 335i's when i was stock...but they are quick little bimmers

I only ran into a single 335i this summer. He was exiting off of the freeway, as I was driving by... He tried to gun it to get in front of me, and I had to show him what that Snake badge meant on the side...... :lol:

Like most have said, it's a fast car though........

primetime

Established Member
I have an 07 335i coupe with 13,000 on the odometer. It has the Steptronic trans (Automatic w/ paddle shifters), Sports Package, Comfort Access, and Leather.

With the Burger Motorsports Juice Box 2HR tune (less than $500.00), a mix of 93oct and Sunoco 100, and BFG 18" DR's ...I went [email protected]. I trapped 112 the same day as well.

Very nice times! later Ron

JERK!

Banned
I have raced a nice blue one..young guy as well, but not an ass. He gave me the thumbs up after I passed him :rolling:

mousetom78

Established Member

12.4x with just a tune on DR. Those cars must be very detuned out of the factory. It reminds me on the huge gain on A4 with just a chip.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Very nice cars. Ever see a pic of the turbos? The turbo is probably, what? 1.5" in diameter? No exaggeration.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Nice run, but I wouldn't have thought this Bimmer would've had a snow balls chance in hell against an '03 Cobra???

imbuggin

Established Member
i think it is interesting that people keep talking about the 335i. The current m3 is faster and the new m3 with v8 is even quicker. The 335ix with 4 wheel drive can launch but stock these cars are not that quick. Obviously they take well to mods

SVTBMG

Banned
SOunds like he was a Tool. Little over privaledged *** got walked. If it were me I would slowed down and made him stop and told his girl to come get in a real car with man that can phuck her right:)

Users who are viewing this thread