03 Cobra Vs 08 GT500

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
That's the classic video but I bet not one person that has gone from a '03-4 Cobra to a GT500 would agree. Not sure what to make of that, but I do like the fact that the '03 is smaller and lighter with an IRS - no matter how "compromised" the '03 IRS might be. Still beats the solid axle.

The S197 3 link axle is better than the SN95 IRS.

JMD0346

Established Member
Cool vid. Thanks.

I would never sell my 03 for a shelby. Anything for that matter. Its paid for so its stayin! LOL

I am considering adding a 2014 GT500 to the stable when i get done in Afghanistan though. I said ADDING. LOL Ill never sell the terminator unless I have to.

revolutionIX

Established Member
That's a good video OP! I actually found this video a couple weeks ago when I was making my decision between those exact two cars.

I had been on a 2 search for the right Terminator when I found a local Ford dealer had a used 2008 GT500 with 16k miles priced at $36k..so I decided to go check it out. Car was beautiful, but after I test drove it, I turned to my girlfriend and said, "really..500 hp..? My Evo feels "car lengths" faster than this!" At the end of the day, I couldn't buy the GT500 cause my heart was still with the Terminator. So my search continued for about 2-3 more weeks. Then I found a Califonia owned 2003 Black Cobra Coupe with 3,754 miles on it. 1 week later (8/5/2011) I bought it!! Now I'm the proud owner of a pretty much new Terminator and an Evo IX, which is now my DD..LoL

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Enjoyable vid, I do like seeing them comparing the two.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I honestly don't think i could ever trade my 04 for an equally modded 08, even if they had cash on their end. I think the terminators are much more exclusive, the lesser knowledged car people hardly even know what they are half the time, i like the styling better, and its more of a beast then a domesticated animal like the 08. Now the '10 '11 '12, thats a whole other story lol

SVT_Troy

Established Member
YYea the 08's aren't all that in my opinion but the 11+ 500's is where its at! I think i am still going to keep the Cobra though, i love the way she screams and people turn around when im coming by.....

Users who are viewing this thread