03 Cobra Vs 08 GT500

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
came across this vid this morn. i personally hadnt seen it yet. kind of interesting, i thought... check it out, what do you think? i agree with them, for the winner!! =]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvlG9NkNaU&feature=related"]‪2008 Shelby GT500 vs 2003 SVT Cobra ‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

va boy

Established Member
Best friend has a 08 Shelby. IMO I would never trade my 03 for it. Just like the driver in the video stated, the 03 is more raw, more of a drivers car. I love it, gonna go drive it now I think!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
This video has never been posted before. Never.

Also the Cobra owner stated later that it was not stock.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
lol i love how you can tell the driver is having soooo much more fun in the cobra! freakin cant get the grin off his face! and giggling like a school girl ....with NO such emotions from the GT500 lol :rockon:

Last edited:

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
I'm not whining, I can promise you that. I'm calling you on your whining sarcasm. I'm happy with my car. :)
Nor am I nut swinging by any means. I'd love to have a new GT500. But what does my automotive choice have to do with you? That's right. Nothing.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
the terminator is better!

no, the gt500 is better!

to hell with it, lets go straight to the zagato :D

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YloMhEZnFZo&feature=related"]‪Aston Martin V12 Vantage Zagato Start and Rev‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
my point of posting the thread (just an fyi) was not to say this one is better...or NOOO this one is better. for me i found it interesting to hear the opinion of a professional driver comparing the two cars, and giving us HIS thoughts/opinions of the two, and how they stack up against each other. how they handle compared to each other, etc, etc. (after driving both cars back to back, on the same track)

of course, you can tell just from the drivers reactions/emotions which car he enjoys more, and has more fun with. although it came to me, as no suprise.

Mustang289

Established Member
they have a good point, you can buy 2 terms for the price of one GT500. Set one term up for 1/4 mile fun, set the other for road race fun...

cobracide

Established Member
That's the classic video but I bet not one person that has gone from a '03-4 Cobra to a GT500 would agree. Not sure what to make of that, but I do like the fact that the '03 is smaller and lighter with an IRS - no matter how "compromised" the '03 IRS might be. Still beats the solid axle.

Users who are viewing this thread