03 Cobra vs 06 Cobalt SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
any of you cobalt ricer homo's wanna run?

ill show you what a bolt on cobra can do...

cory

nitrovic

Established Member
RedneckBMXer24 said:

cory

Look back a couple pages, one of the trolls brought over from cobaltss.net said he would race any Cobra and even pay for your track fee. I dont think these guys really know what their getting into....

nitrovic

Established Member
NGalaxyTimmyo said:
Really quickly, I just want to say I'm not coming here to start anything or stir anything up. I'm not like that. However, I'm not gonna sit back and let someone call my car "fake rice". I was running 14.3 stock, and dynoed about 223 hp and 192lb of torque way back when. I'm not slightly modded, and plan on going back to the track on friday and I'm getting it dynoed again on saturday.

I personally welcome anyone in my area to meet me up at Milan Dragway this friday the 27th. I don't care if I win or lose to whoever shows up, as long as they see me run alot better then what everyone here is saying.

Hell, to the 1st person who shows up there to accept my challenge I make this small bet. If you can beat me I'll pay for your entrance fee. It's not much I know, but that way no one can be scared of loosing much, and really doesn't matter to me either way.

And yes there are people running 12s with their Cobalts now. But not very many. Then again, we just started getting an aftermarket now. Back in November when I purchased the car I remember we didn't even really have an option for an exhaust, so comparing the parts we have offered to us isn't very fair either. It's a 2, going on 3 year old car, and just like the SRT-4, not much was offered at first.

So once again someone on these forums has to be from the Detroit area. Show up to Milan with me, and I'll show you what I can do. I'll make sure to stash away that extra $20 right now, just in case I might need it.

I'll give you a full list of my mods after you accept my challenge.

Here he is. Have fun whooping his ass for free!!!!

GLHS837

Established Member
On equal tires, hell yeah. Almost impossible to see better than high 12s on street tires, trying to harness +350 aint easy. About your other point.

A 45-50 roll would indeed cost, me, since thats towards the top of second, take me a moment to peak it out to 60 and shift to third. Pick 60, or 30, and watch it change:) I'm sure I could pick a spot in the SS gearing where the SRT had an advantage. But thats just silly, picking a speed like that.

About lag. Does it matter, if I'm seeing over 200 wtq about 2200 rpms and hit a peak torque of +230 and it stays that way, when my turbo spools is kind of irrelevant:)

You have no lag, thats true, but if you overlay SRT and SS dynos, the torque advantage is clearly the SRTs. It makes it faster, and makes much more, +230-240, vice what, 200?

Bad06SS

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
On equal tires, hell yeah. Almost impossible to see better than high 12s on street tires, trying to harness +350 aint easy. About your other point.

A 45-50 roll would indeed cost, me, since thats towards the top of second, take me a moment to peak it out to 60 and shift to third. Pick 60, or 30, and watch it change:) I'm sure I could pick a spot in the SS gearing where the SRT had an advantage. But thats just silly, picking a speed like that.

About lag. Does it matter, if I'm seeing over 200 wtq about 2200 rpms and hit a peak torque of +230 and it stays that way, when my turbo spools is kind of irrelevant:)

You have no lag, thats true, but if you overlay SRT and SS dynos, the torque advantage is clearly the SRTs. It makes it faster, and makes much more, +230-240, vice what, 200?

Actually, down low, the SS will have more torque. On one of my buddy's old dyno's, he dyno'd 272 torque at the wheels, and it was INSTANT. I mean, as soon as they floored it, it was at 272, and it held it for quite a ways. It literally looked like a straight line. Yes, the SRT-4's have more torque, but it's mainly peak torque. It comes in later, and it doesn't "seem" to stay at that number-atleast from what I've seen. Very linear torque and power curves can be more effective than a car that makes more PEAK power.

Bad06SS

Established Member
RedneckBMXer24 said:

cory

Considering this thread isn't about Cobalts vs Cobra's, that was ricerish. However, we do have atleast one or two cobalts that do run 9's seriously. I'm sure if you go over there and ask, they'd be glad to embarass you. :)

nitrovic

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
Considering this thread isn't about Cobalts vs Cobra's, that was ricerish. However, we do have atleast one or two cobalts that do run 9's seriously. I'm sure if you go over there and ask, they'd be glad to embarass you. :)

You're forgetting about the guy on page 6 or so that said he would run anybody on this forum. And a 9 second SS isnt a regular street car. Thats just stupid to compare a 9 second race car to any other street car. You could make that arguement on ANY car forum, they all have some race cars.

nitrovic

Established Member
iCEMANSGCCC said:

Anybody who owns a terminator cant be a ricer, no matter what they do or say. And how is challenging somebody to a straight up race "rice"?

nitrovic

Established Member
Hey bad06ss,

I was trolling over at cobaltss.net and noticed that A LOT of kids over there claim to have beaten 06 Gt's with stock SS's? And some kids even claim to hae beaten Mach 1's while running mid 13's? Whats the deal? I remember some of the guys at Srtforums.com had the same problem a couple years ago(embellishing stories about stangs and camaros) and their own warstories guys pretty much took car of the bullshitters. Just wondering if you guys have a lot of bad eggs or the best drivers on the internet?

Last edited:

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
Bad06SS said:
Nope, I'm good. My car dyno'd 233whp stock, and if you read the cobalt forums, there's MANY stock supercharged cobalts that beat srt-4's. It's close enough to be a driver's race, I don't care what the uneducated people say. The topend is a little stronger on the SRT-4 however.
If you read the cobalt forums your ****ing retarded. Only takes 4 sec to see what I mean. And your car with mild mods would be luck to see 13's tard. And stock for stock a gt would kill ya. My friend has a 95 with a gm stage 2 and a 2.8 pully, intake, header, and cat back.....I would have to say a stock gt would stomp him from a stop. And from your ricer 40 roll would be close. And a srt-4 would not be a drivers races for you. Go back to cobaltss.net or cobaltss.com where you belong with the rest of your turdy brothers.

nitrovic

Established Member
poopy01 said:
If you read the cobalt forums your ****ing retarded. Only takes 4 sec to see what I mean. And your car with mild mods would be luck to see 13's tard. And stock for stock a gt would kill ya. My friend has a 95 with a gm stage 2 and a 2.8 pully, intake, header, and cat back.....I would have to say a stock gt would stomp him from a stop. And from your ricer 40 roll would be close. And a srt-4 would not be a drivers races for you. Go back to cobaltss.net or cobaltss.com where you belong with the rest of your turdy brothers.

It is indeed a mess over there. I tried to give them the benefit of having the type of car that attracts some ricers, but damn!! You should see their drag racing section, i guess they all eat 06 stangs like there going out of style.

NGalaxyTimmyo

Established Member
nitrovic said:
Look back a couple pages, one of the trolls brought over from cobaltss.net said he would race any Cobra and even pay for your track fee. I dont think these guys really know what their getting into....

Holy shit how ****ed up are you? I doubt what I was doing would ever be called trolling on any forums other then in your messed up head. I'd be all to happy to race you, win or lose, but grow the hell up. I started gaining a little bit of respect for you a couple pages back, but you all but lost that. I sure am glad that all the mustang owners I've met are a bit more tolorent then you are. Most of them are pretty nice people. I guess someone has to ruin it for everyone else.

I thought I would come here to help point out that our cars aren't all rice, and try to learn a bit more about other cars, something you should try to do as well, but I've seen all I need to know.

nitrovic

Established Member
NGalaxyTimmyo said:
Holy shit how ****ed up are you? I doubt what I was doing would ever be called trolling on any forums other then in your messed up head. I'd be all to happy to race you, win or lose, but grow the hell up. I started gaining a little bit of respect for you a couple pages back, but you all but lost that. I sure am glad that all the mustang owners I've met are a bit more tolorent then you are. Most of them are pretty nice people. I guess someone has to ruin it for everyone else.

I thought I would come here to help point out that our cars aren't all rice, and try to learn a bit more about other cars, something you should try to do as well, but I've seen all I need to know.

Uh, yeah. You joined this forum just to come over and get one of your buddies "back", that would be trolling. I'm not against it, but be that as it may, you are trolling. I trolled your board also (as i mentioned earlier on this page, i even called myself a troll, which i was at that point) and came to the conclusion that over half of the people over there are full of shit and make up races. A very rice thing to do by the way. I'm not saying that would be you or 06SS. You guys seem to be pretty straight forward (I still ascert that 06SS was misleading about his "light mods") and know your shit. And yes, you stated you would race anybody on here and then tell them your "mods" afterward. I simply told the poster with the 03 Cobra that you said you would race anybody on this board. Dont get angry dude, you were the one who called everybody out....

Last edited:

GLHS837

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
Actually, down low, the SS will have more torque. On one of my buddy's old dyno's, he dyno'd 272 torque at the wheels, and it was INSTANT. I mean, as soon as they floored it, it was at 272, and it held it for quite a ways. It literally looked like a straight line. Yes, the SRT-4's have more torque, but it's mainly peak torque. It comes in later, and it doesn't "seem" to stay at that number-atleast from what I've seen. Very linear torque and power curves can be more effective than a car that makes more PEAK power.

Got his sheet? Becuase I"m flat calling bullshit on that one. 272wtq? Instant?
Held for a ways? Unless hes very highly modded, no damn way. Using your recommended site, heres a few stock dynos from the same thread.

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26220

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/brifri11/dyno2new.jpg
(doesnt break 200wtq til after 5K, never tops 200 at all)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/khronos08/dyno1s.jpg
(Same deal, doesnt crack 200 til after 5500)

Heres our pal NgalaxyTimmyos stock dyno

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/NGalaxyTimmyo/Dynostock1.jpg

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26220

Now remember, stock SRT-4s break 200ftlbs wtq before 3K, and hold it til after 5K, or 6K in most cases, although shifting there isnt recommended:)

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246085&highlight=stock+dyno

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/scan0015.354.jpg

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181495&highlight=stock+dyno

djt81185

Established Member
poopy01 said:

i ran 13.7@103 with 500 bucks in mods...wtf is your friends 95?...where im MI are u located

I will agree that 60% of css.net has no idea wtf they are talking about

and nitro

I've run a stock mach 1...and walked him hard...the next day one of my buds works with him and he said they thing must have been "twin turboed or something cause it was loud"

also raced one with an intake and a tune and ever so slightly pulled it.

Also an lt1 with intake and full exhaust and pcm i believe...walked him hard

nitrovic

Established Member
djt81185 said:
i ran 13.7@103 with 500 bucks in mods...wtf is your friends 95?...where im MI are u located

I will agree that 60% of css.net has no idea wtf they are talking about

and nitro

I've run a stock mach 1...and walked him hard...the next day one of my buds works with him and he said they thing must have been "twin turboed or something cause it was loud"

also raced one with an intake and a tune and ever so slightly pulled it.

Also an lt1 with intake and full exhaust and pcm i believe...walked him hard

What mods do you have? I'm not doubting your story, i just find it a little suspect that the majority of people over there never lose races and are "killing" cars that run a full second faster than them stock.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Bad06SS said:

i thought the title of the thread was '03 cobra vs. cobalt.

i actually wouldn't mind owning a cobalt/srt4 as a daily driver--and might buy one in a year or two when my '90 grand prix finally lets go.

i've smacked a few cobalts down while driving on the freeway, and i wouldn't even think to post it on the roadkill section--i wasn't even going all out. against one guy, i had it in 4th from 60-90 mph (which should be all third gear). i pulled a few cars on him, then slowed down, and he tried to do a ricer flyby, prompting me to inforce the "no ricer flyby zone" rule--still in 4th gear.
based on some of the shit you guys are talking over on your site, maybe i should be totally embarassing these pimple-faced fanboys.

for all i know, they probably posted that they 'hung' with a cobra, or even beat one.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Ok, I was glancing over at the cobaltss.net site because I wanted to learn more about them and what they can do. I looked in the drag racing section and their is a poster that said he killed a modded Mach. And that it is hard to find a decent race because the cars are "too slow to keep up." Then I look at his sig and he runs a 13.7?? LISTEN, I AM NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING OR SAY THAT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE...With that out of the way, I have a modded Mach that will easily run in the 12's and I just don't see this scenario happening. But then again, I really don't know much about this car. So I was wondering if Bad or someone else could explain this to me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread