03 Cobra vs 06 Cobalt SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLHS837

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
Sad thing is, it's true. Anything can happen on the street. The two cars are close enough to be a driver's race, I don't care what you or anyone else says about that. The two cars are comparable enough that if they meet up on the street, and they're both stock, the race could go either way. One of the SRT-4 guys even said that a bad driver in the SRT with a good driver in the Cobalt could mean the win, thus a driver's race EDGE to the SRT, like I said. Sit down.:)

Now your using my statements to support your statementconclusion. Which you shouldnt. That was me saying that. A bad driver in an 03 Cobra can lose to a great driver in a stock SRT, that certainly doesnt make them comparable.

Any race can go any way, track or street. I say again, if you require a bad driver to win, then your behind the power curve.

Here it is again, plainly. With equal drivers, the SRT will take the SS, its that simple. Oh, and lots of 03s ended up in the 13s stock also, regardless of the lower power. Of course, they only made 3275 03s, and +%20 of those owners bought Stage 1 kits so they got 04 power levels.

I know you SS guys got a chip on your shoulder about having a clean sheet design that cant match an old retired neon stock for stock, mod for mod, sorry bout that, blame GM. Its not our fault.

nitrovic

Established Member
RpSS4844 said:
OHH yea i forgot to be a dick during my first post. Here is a vid of me taking care of a 03 Cobra, I am all motor, no NAAWWSS!! I have added a few poinies since this vid. ENJOY!!!

Click on the one that 03 Cobra vs. SS
Thats the wify at the end yaking, and the TonyStewart U-turn is an inside joke, not me being stupid!!!
http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/smokymance/lst?.dir=/Public+files&.view=l

Ah, yeah. And where was the arguement about a Camaro on this?

Bad06SS

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Now your using my statements to support your statementconclusion. Which you shouldnt. That was me saying that. A bad driver in an 03 Cobra can lose to a great driver in a stock SRT, that certainly doesnt make them comparable.

Any race can go any way, track or street. I say again, if you require a bad driver to win, then your behind the power curve.

Here it is again, plainly. With equal drivers, the SRT will take the SS, its that simple. Oh, and lots of 03s ended up in the 13s stock also, regardless of the lower power. Of course, they only made 3275 03s, and +%20 of those owners bought Stage 1 kits so they got 04 power levels.

I know you SS guys got a chip on your shoulder about having a clean sheet design that cant match an old retired neon stock for stock, mod for mod, sorry bout that, blame GM. Its not our fault.

I have no chip on my shoulder at all. I thought the same thing when they made your cars 4 door sedans. I don't care that you have more mods available, or anything like that. Like I said, I like my car for what it is, and it's fast enough to surprise plenty of people. If I wanted an SRT-4, I could've bought one. Like I told him, and you, edge to the SRT-4, but I still think the same. In my area, most SRT-4 people will actually agree that it's a close race, because they've seen it happen. I don't expect what I see around here to be the same in every area. You think what you want, I'll think what I want, but I'm FOR SURE not jealous of your 4-door dodge. Sorry.

RpSS4844

Established Member
nitrovic said:
Ah, yeah. And where was the arguement about a Camaro on this?

lol..there wasnt one, just thought I would bring that back up. It was originally posted by on of the members on here.

nitrovic

Established Member
GLHS837 said:

They do get a little pissy when you tell them the truth. You should look at their site, "cobaltss.net". They have a guy with an alleged 5.0 who doubts a 4 valve cobra can run 12's with gears, exhaust and DR's. Not to mention all the BS stories about killing SRT's.

nitrovic

Established Member
RpSS4844 said:
Bad06Ss, it looks like you are a lone on this site. Should have know better than to bring some other idea than a ford to the plate here. Either way I must stand behind my fellow SS driver.
There is a big difference in being able to buy something and being able to afford it. Hell I could go and buy a C6 Z06, 700-800 car payment can be made no problem here. Given that, I would have to find a roomate and pay some cheap rent instead of having a house payment, Wouldnt be able to go and see all the stuff I enjoy seeing (wife is a flight attendant so I fly free bitch!! LOL)
I own a 2005 Cobalt SS and a 2001 Camaro SS. Both of my cars are a blast to drive, and thats is what we are all here for. While I must admit my Cobalt really doesnt hold a match to a S/C cobra, it is very fast for what it is. The Cobalt made 232 FWHP BONE STOCK NO MODS WHAT SO EVER!!!!! Fast time so far has been 13.9@99mph.
Given Power per $, I think the Cobalt is faster than a S/C cobra. What did a new Cobra go for in 03 35-36k I spent 24k on my balt, so given 10k+/- dollars to modify my car i would be bound to say it would take a S/C cobra.
While I have the upmost respect for the S/C Cobras, I have even cosidered getting one. I do think the Cobra world does need to give a little more respect to the 'balt. Like it or not, it is an economical contender for any strret race, I hope one of you guys run across a S/C 'balt with a ported blower/cams/exhaust/etc.. and you will greatly suprised.

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204

Oh man, here we go. The "power per $" crap. I could use that for any car. "If you give me 200,000 dollars, i could make a 10,000 dollar Civic beat a 200,000 dollar Lambo!!" Come on man, dont resort to that, its really ricey to do. And you must have gotten the "super stock" SS if your dynoed at 232 bone stock and runs a 13.9....

RpSS4844

Established Member
nitrovic said:
They do get a little pissy when you tell them the truth. You should look at their site, "cobaltss.net". They have a guy with an alleged 5.0 who doubts a 4 valve cobra can run 12's with gears, exhaust and DR's. Not to mention all the BS stories about killing SRT's.

c'mon now, you make us over there out to be a bunch of 16 year old punks who think they rule-the-raod. Its not like that at all. Yes Given the demeanor of the 'balt we have a few of those, and there are some people there who really have no clue. I am sure this site, as well as all forums, has a few of those as well (most of them have came out of the woodwork espicially for this thread!)
Yes there are a lot of SRT kill stories, only because a lot of them have been killed. It is no doubt that given ideal conditions the SRT4 make more power and will outrun a SS, but its not a perfect world and everyone is not perfect drivers. I dont think anyone will tell you that their stock SS will outrun a SRT4 given two perfect drivers, if they do they need an asshat to wear around.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
nitrovic said:
Oh man, here we go. The "power per $" crap. I could use that for any car. "If you give me 200,000 dollars, i could make a 10,000 dollar Civic beat a 200,000 dollar Lambo!!" Come on man, dont resort to that, its really ricey to do. And you must have gotten the "super stock" SS if your dynoed at 232 bone stock and runs a 13.9....
and this persons math is a little off for a 70k+ car; the car note would be alot more than 700-800 unless you put down oh I don't know 30k or so.

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
DouBLeJ16 said:
Can he consider you as an SVT product?

Funny as that may be, I think things between nitrovic and I have settled, and there is no "owning", funny though.

RpSS4844

Established Member
nitrovic said:

what do you mean by "super stock" The dyno numbers dont lie!!! the track times dont lie!!! Those numbers are SAE corrected numbers with a 4th gear pull. I will bet you the cost of the dyno time to $100 that my car will do it again given similair weather conditions. The 'balt is advertised at 205HP, assuming that that is FlyWHP the results should be lower. There are Camaro's that are rated at 305 Hp that step on a dyno and throw down 315-320 RWHP stock..I have seen it several times. Please dont hate on my car because it put down higher than advertised numbers, or is a factory freak.

Your right about the Power per $ issue. kinda ricey on my part i guess, but it is an arguable point if all your going for is power. The money paid for a vehicle brings with it more than just power and handling. With a Ferrari, Lambo etc. you get eliteness, prestige, rareness, and a host of other desireable qualities to set you apart from the rest. My apologies go out fro bringing up such a ricey topic to caompare mt inferior cobalt to you guy's superior Cobra. There really is no comparison IMO apples vs. oranges to me.

Bad06SS

Established Member
RpSS4844 said:
c'mon now, you make us over there out to be a bunch of 16 year old punks who think they rule-the-raod. Its not like that at all. Yes Given the demeanor of the 'balt we have a few of those, and there are some people there who really have no clue. I am sure this site, as well as all forums, has a few of those as well (most of them have came out of the woodwork espicially for this thread!)
Yes there are a lot of SRT kill stories, only because a lot of them have been killed. It is no doubt that given ideal conditions the SRT4 make more power and will outrun a SS, but its not a perfect world and everyone is not perfect drivers. I dont think anyone will tell you that their stock SS will outrun a SRT4 given two perfect drivers, if they do they need an asshat to wear around.

That's basically what I've been saying this whole time! That's why I've said EDGE TO THE SRT-4! But I still consider it a driver's race stock and stock-again,EDGE TO THE SRT-4.

Last edited:

RpSS4844

Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
and this persons math is a little off for a 70k+ car; the car note would be alot more than 700-800 unless you put down oh I don't know 30k or so.

LOL I guess my math was a little off. 70k/72 =972 month
i was in a typing furry and didnt check my number before opening my e-mouth. But to my defense, who is going to walk into a dealership and finance 100% of a C6 Z06. I am sure they will have some coin to put down.

nitrovic

Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
Can he consider you as an SVT product?

You own a Scion. Please shut your mouth and leave. You dont deserve to be here little boy.

Bad06SS

Established Member
nitrovic said:
You own a Scion. Please shut your mouth and leave. You dont deserve to be here little boy.

See, there you go again. It doesn't matter what people own, they can still post here.

nitrovic

Established Member
RpSS4844 said:
what do you mean by "super stock" The dyno numbers dont lie!!! the track times dont lie!!! Those numbers are SAE corrected numbers with a 4th gear pull. I will bet you the cost of the dyno time to $100 that my car will do it again given similair weather conditions. The 'balt is advertised at 205HP, assuming that that is FlyWHP the results should be lower. There are Camaro's that are rated at 305 Hp that step on a dyno and throw down 315-320 RWHP stock..I have seen it several times. Please dont hate on my car because it put down higher than advertised numbers, or is a factory freak.

Your right about the Power per $ issue. kinda ricey on my part i guess, but it is an arguable point if all your going for is power. The money paid for a vehicle brings with it more than just power and handling. With a Ferrari, Lambo etc. you get eliteness, prestige, rareness, and a host of other desireable qualities to set you apart from the rest. My apologies go out fro bringing up such a ricey topic to caompare mt inferior cobalt to you guy's superior Cobra. There really is no comparison IMO apples vs. oranges to me.

I'm not hating on your car. I have never heard of those numbers out of that vehicle. You have a factory freak. Its happened before with other cars, why not your. Its just rare, thats all.

nitrovic

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
See, there you go again. It doesn't matter what people own, they can still post here.

He can post all he wants, its a free world. But come on, a Scion person talking crap? Thats pathetic.

nitrovic

Established Member
RpSS4844 said:

Agreed.

GLHS837

Established Member
Bad06SS said:
I have no chip on my shoulder at all. I thought the same thing when they made your cars 4 door sedans. I don't care that you have more mods available, or anything like that. Like I said, I like my car for what it is, and it's fast enough to surprise plenty of people. If I wanted an SRT-4, I could've bought one. Like I told him, and you, edge to the SRT-4, but I still think the same. In my area, most SRT-4 people will actually agree that it's a close race, because they've seen it happen. I don't expect what I see around here to be the same in every area. You think what you want, I'll think what I want, but I'm FOR SURE not jealous of your 4-door dodge. Sorry.

I dont know, the way you keep insisting on the word "edge" over the more factual "faster", and trying every way possible to minimize the almost half second advantage the SRT enjoys tells me theres some sort of unhappiness going on. If you truly didnt care, this conversation wouldnt be happening.

Id like to think a Terminator only has an "edge" on my Stage 3 car, but I"m realistic about how fast both cars are, and know unless theres an idiot behind the wheel, I'm going to lose. Therefore, I say that a Term is faster than my car, plain and simple.

Go ahead, you can do it, say "faster"

Bad06SS

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
I dont know, the way you keep insisting on the word "edge" over the more factual "faster", and trying every way possible to minimize the almost half second advantage the SRT enjoys tells me theres some sort of unhappiness going on. If you truly didnt care, this conversation wouldnt be happening.

Id like to think a Terminator only has an "edge" on my Stage 3 car, but I"m realistic about how fast both cars are, and know unless theres an idiot behind the wheel, I'm going to lose. Therefore, I say that a Term is faster than my car, plain and simple.

Go ahead, you can do it, say "faster"

Your stage 3 car is slower than a stock Terminator? By edge, I mean power advantage. But there's alot more to it than just that. Gearing, rpm, linear power curve, instant torque and no lag (somthing the SRT knows nothing about). There's guys with just a tune that can put a hurting on alot of stock SRT-4's, just because of a 7,000+rpm limit. Go ahead, take a stock SRT-4, and a stock Supercharged cobalt, and go from a 45-50 mph roll, you'll see what I mean about the gearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread