03 Cobra vs 03 Z06

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Guy here at work just picked up an 03 Z06 with a centerforce clutch, "lightened flywheel", tune and a 150 shot, he is claiming 633hp... I told him thats wrong even with the bottle, and without it he would be around 400... he is not willing to spray anyway.
I have my own opinions, but how do you think we will run?
His 2003 Z06 vs. my 03 Cobra... and yes we will run when we can get to the track.
I am working on my car at the moment, so don't have the new numbers but the mods are;
Stage 4 Stiegmeier, ported and polished TB and Plenum, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, Billetflow Snub Idler, Billetflow Idlers, LFP DP H/E, Densecharger CAI, catted X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth cat-back, TriAx Shifter, Billetflow IRS brace, and a tune.

What do you think? What if he did spray the nitrous?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
do you have any track times or experience with this setup? how about dyno numbers for your setup?

i bet he will trap about 120 on drs

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
He is most definitely not sitting at that much hp. In the mid 500's would be where he is. Its hard to say what will happen, but assuming he knows how to handle the car, I would put my money on the Vette all day long.

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
silverstang00 said:
He is most definitely not sitting at that much hp. In the mid 500's would be where he is. Its hard to say what will happen, but assuming he knows how to handle the car, I would put my money on the Vette all day long.
You pretty much said it. With no other boltons just a 150 shot he would be in the low 500's. Stock Z's from a roll are very fast, but from a dig it will have problems hooking up. If you have traction the win is yours from a stop, but from a roll a Z with just a few boltons could creep away from you. BUT, since this guy seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about, none of the info I just posted matters and my bet is that he cant drive for shit, so go make him look stupid. Get it on vid too, i love it when cocky overconfident people get their asses kicked! :pop:

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
without the spray and him pretty much being stock, you should beat him. just raced a stock 02 z06 and i probably would have put cars on him if we had more room to run. But evrytime i pull on him, he would slow down.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
On paper with the spray he owns you. In real life you should walk him. I say run him for fun at the track and from a roll and post the videos.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Pullied Cobra > Stock Z06. I would eat them all day long. With a 150 shot, that would be a good race.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I can drive very well, my shifts are very fast and well timed. Like anyone, I miss a gear occasionally, but I can rip through them for the most part. I'll just say, I frequently get positive comments... and have been asked how I shift so fast. From a dig I run pretty hard, I control the power well.

I wanted opinions, and I agree with alot of what was said.
Personally, if he doesn't spray, and he can drive... I think I'll still put a solid walk away on him.
If he sprays and can handle the car, he will walk me with ease. If he sprays and can't handle it, I may just get a jump and hold it off long enough to take him.
I have been told he can't drive.

You mean with the spray right? Without the spray going for him, I think you would lose alot of money.

I have been debating the bottle since I bought the car, maybe I will drop a few bucks and spray the Cobra for fun... that should even it up if he sprays.

busa boy

pos racing
Established Member
he is probably less than 400 rw with just a tune and a lightened flywheel,maybe 38x range. so i'd say 525-535 rw on spray.on motor you will pull him,totally different story on the jug.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Yes I meant the spray. Unless the Cobra owner cant drive at all, he would kill the Vette if he wasnt spraying. I just assumed since you listed the 150 shot that he would be using it.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
busa boy said:
he is probably less than 400 rw with just a tune and a lightened flywheel,maybe 38x range. so i'd say 525-535 rw on spray.on motor you will pull him,totally different story on the jug.
how do you get 380rwhp from a car that only has 405bhp SAE Net stock???

The Cobra should win easily if off the juice as its practically a stock C5 Z06. On the juice it would be a different story though.

BTW - send the z06 owner for some maths lessons. A 405bhp car + 150 shot would equal (405+150) 555bhp and that's motor. rwhp would be high 400's or low 500's depending on dyno type.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
S8ER95Z said:
300bhp/ton - You did know '405' hp Z06 cars dynoed between 355-365 hp stock right?
Depnds on the Dyno type, SAE or STD correction and level of graph smoothing.

Besides a clucth will not add a potential 25rwhp+ to the 380rwhp level.

Silver 03 Cobra

Iamchris said:
Guy here at work just picked up an 03 Z06 with a centerforce clutch, "lightened flywheel", tune and a 150 shot, he is claiming 633hp... I told him thats wrong even with the bottle, and without it he would be around 400... he is not willing to spray anyway.
I have my own opinions, but how do you think we will run?
His 2003 Z06 vs. my 03 Cobra... and yes we will run when we can get to the track.
I am working on my car at the moment, so don't have the new numbers but the mods are;
Stage 4 Stiegmeier, ported and polished TB and Plenum, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, Billetflow Snub Idler, Billetflow Idlers, LFP DP H/E, Densecharger CAI, catted X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth cat-back, TriAx Shifter, Billetflow IRS brace, and a tune.

What do you think? What if he did spray the nitrous?

I ran a 2.8 upper with a four lower, JBA's shorties, Bassani o/r x-pipe and catback, 8 inch slip-on K&N and a JDM tune and it dynoed 484 rhp SAE and 520 rwt. It ran a best of 11.39 at FFW in Richmond on a 100 degree day on the stock unported blower. The lower will give gobs of torque but belt slippage and blower efficiency doesn't net the HP. But down low it will pull. I ran a 4.10 gear with this setup until I dropped to a 3.90. The best he could run with a few bolt-on's are high 11's.

Both on DR's or slicks you will have no problem. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to boast big HP numbers "IF" they sprayed but were too afraid to.

Users who are viewing this thread