03 Cobra vs. 03 R1

TrickStang37

Established Member
Ok, i just raced a friends R1 on the freeway. I gave him the jump and took off right after and we ran dead even up from ~70mph to ~120mph. I was surprised and he did say he went complete WOT. His bike is all stock except for a rear sprocket and aftermarket chain.

So whudduya guys think? Did i do good?

BTW i started in 3rd gear and he started in 6th LOL :lol1:

Last edited:

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
If he started off in the low end of the gear, and you started off in the high end, it could be close.

gt347mustang

Established Member
If he started in 2nd, he would have annihilated you!

I can walk away from 600 and 750 when they start in the wrong gear, but they pull me if they are up in the rpm's.

It still feels cool hanging with a 1000cc bike, even if it wasn't a legit race!

caleb_cook

Established Member
uh, yea... I dont call BS on people just because I let people say what they want because its them that have to live with themselves later on... but I about said BS to this one. lol

I had an 02' R1 with a PC3, Graves Ti full system, 1 down up front, velocity stacks and filter, and an aftermarket rear shock and there is NO WAY anything I ever came across (besides another bike) that could match an 80-140 run.

6th gear tho was very soft, at least until you had 8K on the tach...

Miss those days, but was being stupid on it so decided to let it go...

Fun learning experiences and memories.

TrickStang37

Established Member
uh, yea... I dont call BS on people just because I let people say what they want because its them that have to live with themselves later on... but I about said BS to this one. lol

I had an 02' R1 with a PC3, Graves Ti full system, 1 down up front, velocity stacks and filter, and an aftermarket rear shock and there is NO WAY anything I ever came across (besides another bike) that could match an 80-140 run.

6th gear tho was very soft, at least until you had 8K on the tach...

Miss those days, but was being stupid on it so decided to let it go...

Fun learning experiences and memories.
your going to call bs?? LOL go ahead. i don't see what's so hard to believe of a "race" with a 1L bike when they start in 6th and im starting in third.

btw, i did ride the bike, and the torque on it is VERY nice compared to his other (2008) 750 and some of the other 600's that i've ridden. first two gears can be a little hairy if you don't respect it.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
so you wanna race a "real" R1?? i've got an 06

im in san jose too

lol...good story though, had me going WTFFFF for a second, until i saw he started in 6th (even though i didnt know they had a 6th gear)

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
It's the "195 MPH isn't fast enough for me" mentality. LMAO

haha seriously man...they get to 180 like NOTHING!!

scary, but damn fuN!

i've looked down at the speedo before and it read 193...and i had let off the throttle before looking down, so i know i was going a lil faster than that!

wonder what its capable of...hmm, only one way to find out!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
haha seriously man...they get to 180 like NOTHING!!

scary, but damn fuN!

i've looked down at the speedo before and it read 193...and i had let off the throttle before looking down, so i know i was going a lil faster than that!

wonder what its capable of...hmm, only one way to find out!

Trip to the Salt Lake Flats? :D

I'm bringing the Cobra too. :coolman:

Drewzilla

Established Member
Was also thinking BS until I read he started in 6th lol. The first thing I do, on most kill stories, is look at the sig for power mods and numbers so I can kind of have an idea of what's going on with the author of the post. I saw the numbers and was like no ****ing way!!! lol. I bet it was fun though. How much power in a full weight 03/04 cobra would it take to hang with a typical new liter bike? 800+?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Was also thinking BS until I read he started in 6th lol. The first thing I do, on most kill stories, is look at the sig for power mods and numbers so I can kind of have an idea of what's going on with the author of the post. I saw the numbers and was like no ****ing way!!! lol. I bet it was fun though. How much power in a full weight 03/04 cobra would it take to hang with a typical new liter bike? 800+?

I'm assuming 850+ RWHP in a Terminator. Basically a turbo Cobra on race gas or a big liter twin-screw Terminator on race gas with spray.

:rockon:

caleb_cook

Established Member
no

your going to call bs?? LOL go ahead. i don't see what's so hard to believe of a "race" with a 1L bike when they start in 6th and im starting in third.

btw, i did ride the bike, and the torque on it is VERY nice compared to his other (2008) 750 and some of the other 600's that i've ridden. first two gears can be a little hairy if you don't respect it.

Read my post all AGAIN TrickStang! I know for a fact that was a legit post because of the 6th gear roll-on of the R1! If it was 2nd, 3rd, or 4th then it would not have been possible. Unless of course that 442 rwhp Cobra had 642 or 842 rwhp...

Sorry for the misunderstanding there...

Read it again though, you will get what I was saying.

TrickStang37

Established Member

ok i get it, my bad, i read it wrong.

i think (actually im sure) the bike was about to start pulling away from me when we both let go.

Users who are viewing this thread