03 cobra vs 03 cobra!!!!!

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
its a long story but ill give yall the short version.
A dude just got a 03 cobra last week, i have had mine for 6 months.
he has told people he works with he could smoke me and he will if i bet $

MODS: His car: 2.81 pully, TB & plenum, offroad x w/ flowmaster, short throw shifter, he has also 19s w/ street tires. He made 467rwhp 470rwtq not 100% on torque all he said was it was close to mine.

MODS: My car: 2.89 pully, k&n air filter, cats cut, flowmasters,i have factory rims and original tires, i made 460rwhp and 470rwtq

Since he has been talking crap i have accepted to race, my buddy is lending me his drag radials because he wants to do a 5-10mph roll :shrug: Do yall think i should beat him since ill have the radials.

ILL POST THE VIDEO RIGHT AFTER RACE.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
so if thats a typo and you are down 7hp from his numbers, i see it as being a drivers race. You have more seat time. Its a roll race but at 10mph it might as well be a dig.

get your shifts perfect and you should have him bagged. i dont see the necessity though really, id just tell him hes an idiot and you guys would be like two monkeys ****ing a coconut racing with a 7hp margin in 99% equal cars from a roll.

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
if he told you his car made 267... he might be playing you...
if his car actually did make 267... he shouldnt be driving it...
If its a typo? Your asking to predict a race based on your driving. Seeing how you've had it for 6 months youll probably be able to take him... but again its driver. And a 5-10 roll? why? He afraid to launch or doesnt know how? If it's him that wants to do it from a 5 roll tell him to **** off and use your 6 months of launches to your advantage.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Yeah I'm sure its just a typo...no way on earth any cobra (even stock ones) would put down that low of numbers.
To answer your question OP...race his ass and take his cash! The guy sounds like a *ick. And who the hell races from a 10 mph roll? :s Either do it from a proper roll (40-50 mph) or from a dig. Either way I think you have him. Only worry is his short shifter...seeing from the list of mods you are lacking one (this might be an issue if you're not shifting aggressive enough). Also...you mentioned videotaping it...where will the camera guy sit? Your car or his? Weight is always your worst enemy especially with our cars.

Good luck and definately keep us posted.

Last edited:

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
An 03 cobra putting out under 300. Damn :burn:

sorry big typo 467/470 is what he claims.
I want to race from a dig but for some reason he wants a low first gear roll.
I am the better driver I've been driving a mustang gt w/ spay since I was 16 as he has had a accord.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Ok let's get this strait, two 03/04 cobra's , one has 22" spiners and a shifter, the other has DR's. let's think about this...

Users who are viewing this thread