03 cobra vr mach1?

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
ok this is the question i know they are both 32v and the cobra has the blower what is the difference in the internals of both engines like are they both fully forged? or what ...thanx

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
from what i believe, the cobra has the forged internals because of the supercharger, the mach one doesn't, and the mach1 has an alum. block, cobras dont. if anyone else knows the difference to add or change feel free to add but this is what i understand. idk if the mach one has a 6 bolt main either but i think the cobras do.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
The Cobra has an iron block because SVT was originally gonna use the aluminum block for the Cobra....but they kept breaking in testing.

hj16

Established Member
Mach 1 - HyperCrap Pistons, 10:1 CR, HyperCrap Rods, Aluminum Block

Cobra - Mahle Pistons, 8.5:1 CR, Manley Rods, Cast Iron Block

Both Motors have the same Head/Cam assembly and the same Crank (except for the Auto Mach 1s)

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hj16 said it all. The Mach is a nice car, but the motors are very different. If you're keeping everything stock you'll probably be happy with either. If you intend to mod the motor, the Cobra will take you a LOT further without touching the internals. It's built for some serious power right out of the box.

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
thanx for the info guys but i thought the mach 1 had forged pistons and crank but the rods are not? and i see them with superchargers on them and they last to at least 500-600hp

hj16

Established Member
PiMpOnAnR1 said:
thanx for the info guys but i thought the mach 1 had forged pistons and crank but the rods are not? and i see them with superchargers on them and they last to at least 500-600hp
Mach 1s DO NOT have Forged Pistons or Rods. The 5spds have a Forged Crank, but the Autos DO NOT.

I have yet to see a Mach 1 make 500rwhp on the stock internals with any power adder for any significant length of time. They were not built for boost at all..... nitrous is their friend. Boost is their enemy with th stock internals.

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
hj16 said:
Mach 1s DO NOT have Forged Pistons or Rods. The 5spds have a Forged Crank, but the Autos DO NOT.

I have yet to see a Mach 1 make 500rwhp on the stock internals with any power adder for any significant length of time. They were not built for boost at all..... nitrous is their friend. Boost is their enemy with th stock internals.

great info guys so the best bet is a nice set or high compression pistions and nos? about 12.1.1? or more or less?

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
well ide say if you're going to build the motor, build it to whatever it is that you want, IE: lower compression pistons for boosted applacations, what kind of block, crank, cams that you want for as my HP that you want reliably.

hj16

Established Member
PiMpOnAnR1 said:
great info guys so the best bet is a nice set or high compression pistions and nos? about 12.1.1? or more or less?
To run around with 12:1 CR you're going to need to run straight race gas. And it wouldnt even be worth it.

If you are planning on staying NA and just spraying it, while running pump gas, Id recommend 10:1 or 10.5:1 CR. High enough to work very well with Nitrous, low enough to run on pump gas.

If you are going to spray over a 125 shot I recommend putting in new pistons ans rods before even trying it out. For pistons Id recommend CP Pistons, and for Rods a set of Manley H-Beams would work beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread