03' Cobra vert and turbo

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Hey guys, I have a 2003 Cobra vert and have mad wheelhop issues. I want to upgrade with a Hellion turbo kit, instead of a whipple/ KB because i THINK it might help those issues. I have a pinoin snubber and a diff brace, which helped the wheelhop, but did not eliminate it. I have read the "red pill" and I am going to upgrade everything mentioned in it (tires first). My biggest question though is, what do you guys feel about a turbo being better than a whipple/ KB in regards to wheelhop. I mean, the rediculous instant tourqe of the twin screws is what seems to put the most stress on the irs, so would the turbos power production be better on the irs since it is higher in the rpm band? Any opinions would be great. Thanks. :thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

I don't think you are going to notice much difference in the hop. It all happens because of the tires losing traction and it either spins or hops. The power definitely comes on different with a turbo and may appear to reduce it some, but don't buy a turbo kit to get rid of hop.

look into adjsutable shocks as well as tire.

Jpjr

Established Member
yeah, the rear end doesn't know whats making the power.. before you go turbo or kb you should do a host of supporting mods in the rear IRS. you've come to the right place for research :)

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
yes mine is an 04 cobra vert. and the HP twin 57mm kit is on the car, im running the m/m bushings, IRS brace, and level 2 halfshafts, I wouldn't think the wheel hop would be as bad with turbo, since take longer to spool, than the instant torque and boost with eaton on your car.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
After trying everything else (braces, bushings, coilovers etc.), MT drag radials eliminated my wheel hop. :beer:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Ive seen wheelhop on stock type radials shatter halfshafts on 03/04's. Invest on some QA1's and drag radials. Seems to work for the guys i know.

Users who are viewing this thread