03 Cobra upgrades

Flores8787

Established Member
so after owning my first cobra for two months now, ive had to replace the Cooling fan and currently working on 02 sensor malfunction. cobra is currently stock and I was considering some upgrades. I basically have a budget of $1000 right now.
I was thinking about JLT RAI, Upper and lower pulley. ( still trying to understand sizes and all) and a tuner( still trying to under stand tunes aswell). sct, Bama, or dyno tune.
ive been looking at American muscle for these. any suggestions would help.
thanks .

Last edited:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Tune will cost you $500 of your $1k, do a 2.76 upper, matching idlers, new belt, and the jlt intake. Should be around ~$1000 and net you ~450rwhp. Add a new mid pipe and catback and you will see ~475 whp.

Edit: realized you will need to buy a handheld tuner or a chip as well. That will cost you $2-400 extra on top of the tune.

Last edited:

Mbiro594

Established Member
Please get a real tune from a reputable tuner. Tune is the most important part.

x100! I've been trying to look at email tunes and cheaper methods and all of them suggested getting it professionally tuned rather than taking my money, don't skimp on that part.

I would get CAI and exhaust(Borla Stingers). And save up another 1000 for the pulleys/tuner and tune

65fastback289

Established Member
Please get a real tune from a reputable tuner. Tune is the most important part.

exactly. i had a friend on here who had the lifetime bama tunes and they could never get it right. his car always ran like crap. when i finally convinced him to take it in for a real dyno tune, he told me that he wished he had listened to me from the start.

youll need the handheld tuner (sct, diablo, etc) - use the one that the tuner recommends.
with full idlers and a 2.76 upper, you can run the oem belt. just make sure you get a new belt.

if you post up a wanted to buy thread in the terminator parts for sale section for exactly what you want, you'll get a bunch of hits faster than waiting for someone to post things for sale.

svt_cam

Established Member
Definitely on the pro tune. Someone who can do that right + a CAI should get you already a good set into the 400's. Some catbacks to make it sound nice and if you wanna spend the extra go LT Headers.

maple

Established Member
For the record, there is nothing wrong with email tuning. The tune is only as good as the feedback you're giving your tuner.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So what mods did you decide to go with? My list would have been upper pulley (2.90 or 2.76), 4-piece idler set, tune, intake and catback. Future would include midpipe, shifter, lowering springs and maybe long tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread