03 Cobra tuned for NA before turbo?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey guys, wanted to get some input from others that may have done this...I bought an 03 cobra recently that was already converted to NA. Has '01 intake, alternator, front pulley/belt setup, etc. It has never had a tune for NA as it has stock pumps, injectors, and maf. Starts up fine and runs pretty decent(considering the lack of forced induction lol). Anyway, so it starts up, idles, and runs great overall but when if I get into the 5800rpm range it kind of seems like it misses a bit or retards the timing. I pulled all of the codes and none show a misfire, they're all for the lack of IAT2, lack of EGR, and bank 1 and 2 rich(no cats).

So has anyone run their car NA in between switching from blower to turbo? Is it acting like this from lack of tune even though it has the stock fuel and maf setup? Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Never done that, but I know Jon Lund has or is going to with his new setup. But if you have all those things not setup in the tune and you are running on factory tune, I would say that is your problem. I don't recall what happens with IAT2 is not hooked up. There has to be a default of some kind I would think.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Right, that's what I'm kinda hoping. I'll probably just bight the bullet and get it tuned NA...more for piece of mind and to get at least a baseline of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread