03 Cobra: Teksid Build Questions

03' White Snake

Established Member
One other thing to mention, did not need to cut the crank scrapers out of the pan. They clear fine as far as i can see.
Seeing you were able to use the stock cobra windage tray it would make sense the crank scrappers work. Must be a Windser block that cannot use the Cobra windage tray and stock pan. Good to know the Teksid is mostly the same as a stock cobra motor.

MTBSully

Established Member
Just doing some final prep before I bolt the head gaskets on. Im using felpro MLS gaskets:

Took them out of the box last night and at first glance didnt notice any writing or "passengers side" or "this side up" on them, which is what i'm used to. My guess is because there is a drivers side and a passengers side and they can only go on one way?

Also, i don't think this is the case, but none of these motors have head bolts that protrude into water jackets, right? Aka, no sealant needed on the bolt threads?

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
The HG's only go one way, they line up to the block and heads and is pretty easy to figure out. I used ARP 2000 studs on my build, no sealant needed, not sure about a teksid but I assume it is the same, I just used the ARP lube and threaded the studs into the block hand tight, then torqued the lubed nuts and washers to spec.

Users who are viewing this thread