03 cobra starter issue

dwest731

Established Member
I had a similar issue when changing my alternator, turned out that the ground wire going to the bottom of the motor didn’t have a nut on it and it wasn’t making a good ground connection. Just a thought on something to check

01yellercobra

Established Member
With the same MAF and injectors it should still idle. As mentioned go over your work and make sure everything is sealed. You might need to check and adjust the TPS voltage while you're in there.

Can you datalog?

dwest731

Established Member
Not the best picture but this was it
IMG_4242.jpeg

dgwatkins0990

Established Member
I checked ground wires they are good I have a predator programmer that was used to program the car years ago with the Eaton and factory stuff don't know anything else aout that and I don't know how to manually check tps voltage

dgwatkins0990

Established Member
Looks like a fuel problem it had fuel pressure till now I didn't have a way to measure how much but I'm guessing it wasn't enough I put new fuel pumps on it something must have went wrong fuse is good but each time I try it gets less and less fuel pressure

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yeah. If the pressure is dropping I'd guess a clamp or hose is giving out. You need a DMM to check the TPS voltage.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Predator hand held.

hotcobra03

Established Member
With the predator after you scan for codes you can go to other functions like Data log.

Here you will find all the sensors to read ..or record

You will see tp voltage and see tp move from 1 to 5 volts when pressing pedal

Users who are viewing this thread