03 cobra road racer

bim

having huge problem.make 3 laps on road course and car goes full lean and shuts off pumps. have dual fpdm and gt pumps. has been dynoed and tuned and still shuts down. any ideas? can drive all day on the street. only happens on track.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What is your setup lol?? 04 Cobra tend to go into limp mode depending on boost/weather etc..

racebronco2

Established Member
having huge problem.make 3 laps on road course and car goes full lean and shuts off pumps. have dual fpdm and gt pumps. has been dynoed and tuned and still shuts down. any ideas? can drive all day on the street. only happens on track.

What is full lean? How do you know it shuts off the pumps? Do you have a datalog we can look at?

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Sounds to me like your fpdms are having issues...could be in the wiring...I do have an MDM for sale Brand New on the cheap :) (see sig line)

seriously though...sounds like FPDM's

01yellercobra

Established Member
What's your duty cycle at WOT? If you're running close to 100% you're probably sending the FPDMs into thermal shut down.

bim

ported stage 3 blower,sct 2800maf,60 lb. injectors,2.75 pulley,live at 5000ft altitude. duel fpdm,s. I assumed it was the fpdm so wired in duel drivers.It still happened. I have not data logged the event when it happens. It set a fault which was boost too high the last time out. air /fuel ratio went to 20-1 and i shut down.It fried the left cat converter,the time before and it now has straight pipes from headers to bassani exhaust.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
ported stage 3 blower,sct 2800maf,60 lb. injectors,2.75 pulley,live at 5000ft altitude. duel fpdm,s. I assumed it was the fpdm so wired in duel drivers.It still happened. I have not data logged the event when it happens. It set a fault which was boost too high the last time out. air /fuel ratio went to 20-1 and i shut down.It fried the left cat converter,the time before and it now has straight pipes from headers to bassani exhaust.

You shouldn't throw a over boost code, sounds as though the tune needs adjusting. If you are tossing that code, then i wouldn't doubt its shutting down from high IAT2 temps either. I would recommend to do some street driving and log boost pressure and IAT2. Also make sure your intercooler pump is working and flowing enough.

bim

You shouldn't throw a over boost code, sounds as though the tune needs adjusting. If you are tossing that code, then i wouldn't doubt its shutting down from high IAT2 temps either. I would recommend to do some street driving and log boost pressure and IAT2. Also make sure your intercooler pump is working and flowing enough.
Has brand new afco duel row intercooler and pump but will check iat temp. thanks. all suggestions are welcome at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread