03 Cobra Paint Problems?

pumped 03

Established Member
I purchased my black 03 Cobra about a year ago. Anyway, I was cleaning it today and I noticed about 10 inches up from the bottom of the car there was what looked like white paint all the way across it. I was going to use some tar remover to take it off, and that's when I realized it was the primer showing through where my paint's gone. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the whole car is like that in places. This car is not a daily driver;it stays garaged. Has anyone else had any paint problems?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
yes

I have it in a few small sections in the front. Sounds like it's the same issues i'm dealing with. Also I only take my cobra out on nice days, and is garage kept. Going to have the dealership look at it. Should be covered under warrantie. Been hearing that mustangs always have this problim. Wish us both luck :bash::)

Last edited:

BocaCobra

Established Member
Is it white speckles kinda? If so...I have the same problem on both sides just behind the doors but before the rear tires on the lower panel - If that is what you mean then my good friend who is a paint and body guy said that it is the clear coat cracking and it makes it look like that - He said Ford always has paint problems.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
no

it's one big section, I'll try to get a pic up here. White blob. But sounds like the same issues were haveing Boca Cobra. Looks like the pait just dissappeared. :shrug:

Last edited:

SStupid

Established Member
all the problems

It seems my car has all of the problems. I have that "clear coat chipping" thing going on in front of my rear fenderwell and behind it. I also found two "streaks" coming out of the driver's side of both hood vents that stretch a good 8 inches in length toward the windshield right along the vent creases. It's hard to explain what it looks like. It looks like a paint imperfection, but I don't know. It's going to Ford next week for the 4th TOB issue. We'll see what they say.:nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. No problems with my DSG paint but I've heard of others having issues with paint.

ralphy1798

Established Member
Common problem...

Some guy just made a post about how he got a call from SVT to ask if he has problems with his paint... supposedly there are some thin spots in the paint....

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
03 Cobra Paint

I had the paint problem also. However, Ford repainted the hood, nose and trunk lid without question, and they provided a car to drive while the work was being done.

William

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Only problem I've had is, it seems to chip really easy. (And they really show up nicely on a black car!)

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
I have noticed little white flecks in front of the rear wheels, especially on the lower valence. The paint in that area does seem thin and I have noticed that it does scratch easily. This sucks, especially for an obsessive-compulsive perfectionist like me.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
While we're in the process of resurrecting this thread, anyone happen to know what the paint warranty on our cars is? (For how long?)

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
1 year - crap! I was afraid of that, as I've been thinking of trying to have those chips taken care of. Oh well. Thanks kj385.

KDog

Established Member
Originally posted by BocaCobra
Is it white speckles kinda? If so...I have the same problem on both sides just behind the doors but before the rear tires on the lower panel...

I'm starting to develop this also. I was going to have the whole car recoated with a shot of clearcoat when I first got it, maybe I should have.

Users who are viewing this thread