03 cobra or zo6

fly4navy117

Established Member
If your gonna be redoing the motor anyways and swapping out the rear for a solid(I assume), I'd say go for the cobra. It sounds like your looking for a project car anyways so I say go big or go home.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Buy the cobra back. Z06's suck ass. they have 60 year old suspensions in it for crying out loud! LEAF SPRINGS FTL. Besides Vettes are so over rated. I have seen like 2 cobras around here about a month or so apart, i see Vette ever 5 seconds!

Last edited:

50 Proof

Established Member
Buy the cobra back. Z06's suck ass. they have 60 year old suspensions in it for crying out loud! LEAF SPRINGS FTL. Besides Vettes are so over rated. I have seen like 2 cobras around here about a month or so apart, i see Vette ever 5 seconds!

Regardless of how bad you think a Vette's supsension sucks, they'll flat out butt rape Mustangs in the twisties. Might I add the Mustang from 79-04 is on a 78 FAIRMONT chassis. Yea, that's something to brag about. :lol:

To the OP, you already did a Cobra. Why would you want to do another one? Maybe it's just me, but I always like exploring different possibilities. I hate doing the same thing all the time. If you want my suggestion, do something different this time, get the Vette. A FRC or C5 Z06 is pure sex on wheels, you wont be disappointed.

03-SilverSnake

Established Member

Must depend on the area one lives in then because i don't see any more z06's than i do 03/04 Cobras (or mustangs for that matter)... GETBLOWN03, I'm kinda in the same boat with choosing to get back into another 03/04 or a c5 z06 as you.. I had a Kenne Bell Cobra and i miss that power.. i know getting a z06 and modding it to that potential would probably be more expensive so i hear what you're saying... I guess if you want to experience a different animal go with the z06 (as i'm leaning towards).. both cars have their pros and cons just like any car but from what i've seen both make awesome power.... Good Luck ! :beer:

Last edited:

getblown03

Established Member
Well thanks for all of your input it has helped me out! As far as why i sold the car well it was my DD and i have a little girl who is 2 now and i had to get a family vehical! Well i bought a 2007 4runner i love it but i miss the car life! i miss everything about it the ups the downs! MUSTANGJUNKIE as much as i like the panties dropping lol i have 2 females in my life right now that i wouldnt know what to do without! (i know what you mean though)

snagged- thats why i posted that in the tread as well im scared to know if there is anything wrong with the clutch or the transmission even though i just put a new 26 spline input shaft and spec stg 3+ clutch and fly wheel but im still nervous

I think im leaning a little bit more towards the Z06

i mean the crazy thing is the damn gas mileage they get!! and the insurance on the vette is cheaper then the cobra!

But i do thank all of you guys for all of your help thats why i love this site!! You guys will tell it how it is which i would do none the less for any of you guys! :rockon:

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
MUSTANGJUNKIE as much as i like the panties dropping lol i have 2 females in my life right now that i wouldnt know what to do without!

That was one of the major reasons I got rid of my Z. As hectic as family life can be, some of the only times I could take the toy out would be with the family. The Z became a rarely driven garage queen.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
I would definetly say vette hands down, my buddy has a completely restored 3rd gen iroc with a stroked 335 tpi, its just mint all around, and hes got a vette. I have ridden in both and theres nothing like riding in a vette

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
im a hardcore muscle car guy.... i want the garage i dont currently have to be filled with a cobra, t/a, ss, and z06.... z06 for the cruiser cobra for the race car. i had a rather lengthy conversation with the top tech at texas speed.. he said their one race car is a z and it either runs a shitty time or breaks... not a race car but a damn nice cruiser.... words from him. id love to have a z, but im not a big track person either........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread