03 cobra or zo6

getblown03

Established Member
My fellow SVTP'ers im in a slight predicament and i know i can always turn to you guys for an honest opinion!!!! Ok so here it is! :banana: guys sorry for the long post put if you could please just take a min to give me a honest reply!

some of you may know me but i had a proline race motor bored .020 over with cp pistions yadi yadi yada with a 2.6h KB made 608 with my conservative tune and he had it retuned and i think it made close to or made 700hp.

here is the first, the guy i sold my cobra too blew the motor up (spun a bearing) he was racing a corvette of the highway raced it 3 times and then raced an r1 3 times 3rd time they were doing about 150 and the temp gauge went from 190 to 260 in a blink of an eye (so he says) and anitfreeze blew all over the windsheild and its now making a slight knocking noise. I had eric from proline come down and listen to the motor and see what he thought which is where we got a spun bearing! any way well he said he would sell me back the cobra for 16,000 iv talked to tim from modular powerhouse and eric from proline both about putting a quote together for me for a set of nice cams 11cc cp pistons (higher compression 7cc lowered it to much) obviously new bearings redo the entire fuel system (rails steel braided lines maybe return style! new supercar pumps new hat stg II fpdm walbro fuel pump) 3.1 or 2.9 bf non slip pulley with a hub everything to make this car even nastier then it was! This time its going to be my weekend car instead of a DD though so keep that in mind!

Scenaro II

buy a 2003 2002 ZO6 electron blue or BLK low miles with a 408 stroker in it haha!!!

The only thing that worries me about the cobra is i still have the IRS in it!!!

Oh yeah i would have to buy new tires cus they seem to be slightly less bald then i remember selling them to him ( oh yeah he only put 1000 miles on it) so i was thinkin the new MT DR!

GUYS THANK YOU I APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE IN ADVANCED :beer:

Last edited:

roush24

Established Member
ok first off you said you wanted to get 11cc dish because 7cc lowered the compression too much...the 11cc would lower the comp. more then 7cc if you want the comp. back you want to go less cc or flat top.

as for the vote...i honestly say i cant decide im too partial to cobras and my buddy just got a 03 Z06 and its a bad mo fo (stock at that) so i cant help you there but to shoot something else out there dont the Z's have IRS also????

getblown03

Established Member
Oh yeah i forgot i figure if i bought the cobra for 16 i could prolly get it for 15 but lets say 23-24 for everything fixed and running! Z06 you know with a 408 ill prolly be looking mid 30's

roush24

Established Member
also it could be just me but you seem kinda partial to cobras also...and it sounds like spun bearing or not you really want your old car back, i d see how much for the repair and take some cash to his house and get him to come down off that 16K so you'll have some money for repairs. Good luck man and keep us posted!@

roush24

Established Member
im pretty sure once you get that cobra fixed and tuned if its making anywhere near 700hp its going to smoke the 408 vette.

getblown03

Established Member
i just love cars in general ha ha but i did really love my cobra and the only thing that just keeps replaying in my mind is the price difference i could have a freaking INSANE cobra for not cheap but cheaper then a Z06 you know what i mean?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
z06 by a standard mile.

it may not be as fast, but its fast enough, and is a much better car in every other respect.

getblown03

Established Member
see thats the other thing yeah i may have a 700hp cobra but a z06 with a 408 in it all the ones i have been lookin at have been making 540's all motor thats nasty! IM TORN!!!! :cuss::shrug:

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Z06....I may be partial though...but seriously I had a KB Cobra (not as sick as yours) and I love my Vette way more in all aspects....I've driven a few quick C5Z's and the same opinion.

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
I'm the opposite, I don't miss my C5Z at all. Buy your old car back and invest the rest of the money you would have spent on the vette. The IRS problem is just an excuse. Really how much would it cost to convert it.

GT_Jim

Established Member
Buy your old Cobra back then spend the difference making your Cobra > any 'Vette.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I'd say see what the bottom dollar the guy would sell your old car back for would be, do some math and see what it would end up to be, if you can make it into what you want for less than the Z, go for it. If not, well go for the Z. Why did you sell your snake in the first place?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
So this dude put 1,000 miles on your car and managed to bald the tires and blow the engine. To be honest, I don't think I would want my car back if I've known someone was so hard on it. :shrug:

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
C5Z! And kick that guy in the nuts that raped your car. Actually as stated above, PISS POUND his nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread