03 CObra motor in a Mach 1?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
i agree. it would be good if they actually showed the important stuff like the engine.

I don't doubt it though. It would be the best of both worlds.

but then again... I love subtlety of our Cobras

They probably mean 525 bhp... with a 15% drivetrain loss which is a bit optimistic ;) they could get that with a basic pulley swap, exhaust, cai, etc...

Cool find btw :beer:

Last edited:

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
I looked at the Mach I but I thought the rise rate of the hood lump leading up to the shaker was too steep.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I believe we're correct to call BS until we see the goods. This would be similar to the Chevy lightweight guy lying about his mods in another thread.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
that's a pathetic comparison

Originally posted by JoeAsheville
I believe we're correct to call BS until we see the goods. This would be similar to the Chevy lightweight guy lying about his mods in another thread.

this is a company that is known for quality work, not an ethereal Internet poster...

in case you didn't realize it, there are many "one of a kind" vehicles running around Detroit :thumbsup:

Last edited:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
i agree. it would be good if they actually showed the important stuff like the engine.

I don't doubt it though. It would be the best of both worlds.

but then again... I love subtlety of our Cobras

They probably mean 525 bhp... with a 15% drivetrain loss which is a bit optimistic ;) they could get that with a basic pulley swap, exhaust, cai, etc...

Cool find btw :beer:

Exactly... They rate that as Crank HP...

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I'm I missing something??

considering the price of a mach1 is about 4,000 less then a Cobra, wouldn't it be cheaper to make an 03 Cobra look like a Mach1? Body parts and paint vs 12,500 dollars for a stock 03 motor

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
I really find it impossible to put a SC'd motor in the Mach1, then have the shaker still in place. The sc is too tall for you to put a shaker on without huge changes, and that Mach1 looks like it has a stock hood and shaker (minus the black paint).
No way there's a sc on that Mach1!

ALA G8R

Banned
I like the look of that Mach 1. But I agree with MattNCSU, it would be tought to put the shaker scoop on top of the Eaton.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue
I'm I missing something??

considering the price of a mach1 is about 4,000 less then a Cobra, wouldn't it be cheaper to make an 03 Cobra look like a Mach1? Body parts and paint vs 12,500 dollars for a stock 03 motor

yes, you're missing something...its not always about $$$

I'm gonna try to track this thing down and see if I can get better pics

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
MattNCSU hit the nail on the head. Its still got the shaker hood, how or why would they attach that to the blower.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Why is it that they didn't show a pic of
the 03 Cobra engine? Isn't that what
this custom Mach 1 is all about?

ObieFox

Established Member
You all are foolish to doubt CDC's word. They do a bunch of custom work for ford (like build the mach one concept I believe). They also had three '03 motors that they sold in the last few months. If anyone can pull it off it's CDC.

KO

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've looked at a couple of Mach 1s. Nice looking car. I just don't personally like the wheels, dash guages and shaker hood scoop. Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of the shaker hood. It just would look better on the car if the hood were a bit flatter. From certain angles it just doesn't look right. Now the Cobra SVO hood is a horse of a different color. That works really nice with the curves of the car. But getting back to the car, a modded Cobra motor in a Mach 1 with a solid rear axle must romp big time. And I love the side exhaust. I'd love to get it for my Cobra but I'd have to do something about the empty rear cutouts in the bumper. I might also have a clearance problem getting into my driveway. LOL!

Sin

Established Member
My only dealing with CDC....I called them to find out about the Pulley cover since it had been on "back order" for 6 weeks. I called and said 2 more weeks, nope, I called in 2 more weeks....said that it would be 2 more weeks and gave them all my info except CC info to get me one when available!!! That was 4 weeks ago, I dont think they nor I care anymore. This was my deal, hope someone else faired better.....Its allright though, I make sure they cant sleep at night................

Sin

Established Member
Whata you know, just went to the site and the covers are available!?!?!? Their sweet, guess they got tired of bad dreams???

Users who are viewing this thread