03 Cobra- JDM Stage One Kit - Introductory Special

Jeremy@JDM

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
JDM Engineering is pleased to announce our 03 COBRA STAGE ONE KIT- now available at an introductory special of only $1,325 (save over $215!). This special is for one month only, and will return back to our regular pricing ($1,540) effective 9/6/02.

The 03 Cobra Stage One Kit consists of-
- JDM Flip Chip
- JDM Interchangeable Upper Pulley Kit
- JDM Boost Bypass Kit
- JDM Cool Air Intake
- Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust

flipchip.jpg

The JDM Dual Program PCM Flip Chip allows you to choose between two different PCM programs at the flip of a switch. By far our most popular chip, the Flip Chip enables you to choose a very aggressive program for all-out performance, such as one of our Street Performance Programs, and only use it when the time is right. We can also burn the second side to be used with a nitrous system. Alternatively, we can even burn the chip to have a "Valet mode" second side which removes power if that meets your needs. Like the Single Program PCM Chip, the programs in our Flip Chip are tailored to your Ford vehicle's specific equipment (rear gears, engine mods, trans mods, etc.). JDM uses SuperChips, Inc. chips exclusively.

pulleykit.jpg

The JDM Upper Pulley Kit replaces your current Upper Supercharger Pulley with an interchangable pair of pulleys and center hub. Adds either 5 or 6lbs of additional boost.

filterandbillet.jpg

The JDM Cool Air Intake includes a Billet Aluminum Adapter and 9" conical filter.

cobracatback.bmp

The Cat-Back Systems are all stainless steel, made from large diameter mandrel-bent tubing and feature Stainless Steel MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers and Dual Polished 3.5" Stainless Steel Tips. System includes complete hardware for installation.

Finally the Boost Bypass Kit is to insure continued boost from the supercharger even when exceeding acceleration limits set by Ford i.e., hard launches off the line. Normally, when acceration exceeds these factory limits, the Boost Actuator Solenoid actuates the Boost Dump Valve, dumping the supercharger intake pressure until the car is shut down and restarted. To eliminate this condition for high perfomance usage, the JDM Engineering Boost Bypass Kit provides an alternative boost signal to the Boost Actuator Solenoid, insuring uninterrupted supercharger boost.

Last edited:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Thats a hellof a deal.... I just got my chip last week, they never mentioned this?? Wish they would have....

03Coupe

Established Member
Boost bypass kit? is this to get around the "abuse valve" when using a smaller pulley?

03Coupe

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
STAGE 1 KIT :D

Wow i can imagine Stages 2 and 3...

I'd say that Stage 1 would satisfy most normal people..:beer: :beer:

Jim V.

03DOHC

Established Member
How much for the cat-back?:burnout:

I hope that cat-back picture is not for a 2003 Cobra. No solid axle.:)

Last edited:

Jeremy@JDM

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
00yellowr- anyone who has purchased individual parts included in our Cobra Stage One Kit prior to the posted special, is welcome to upgrade to the Full Stage One Package and we'll figure out the difference so you will only pay the Stage One Kit Special Price that is being advertised

COBRyan- The Cool Air intake alone is $125.

03Coupe- a description of the Boost Bypass Kit Function is listed at the end of the Stage One Kit Description (above). If you have any other questions let me know or give us a call at the shop.

03DOHC- that was a good observation. We also have the kits for Mustang GT's, Pre-99 Cobra's, etc., which have the solid axles. I used that generic picture for a quick visual in the ad. The rest of the exhaust is similiar to what you actually get, just the pipes will not go over the axle.

Jeremy

Evilcartman

Established Member
What about a lower pulley set like the Lightning? I have exhaust and cold air but I would like a Flip Chip and lower pulley. Please email me with prices and availablilty at [email protected]

Anyone else that knows where to buy either of these products let me know. I'm buying the first one I like that comes out first but I prefer JDM because I have heard alot about them.

Jeremy@JDM

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
The Pulley Sizes included the Kit are 2.93 and 2.80.

We will have a Lower Interchangeable Pulley Kit available soon, the Upper Pulley Kits seem to be a good fit for the 03 Cobra's though, the stock Cobra Upper Pulley is much larger than a stock Lightning Upper Pulley for example, so basically an Upper Pulley change can add a greater amount of Boost on a Cobra than what you would see on an Upper Pulley change with a Lightning.

Gotn03coming

Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebitten
What kind of RWHP are we looking at with that kit? Thanks.

That's what I would like to know.

If there would be a kit with an X pipe and a Tri ax.....I'd be about ready to order one......

J.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by jeremy@jdm
The Pulley Sizes included the Kit are 2.93 and 2.80.

We will have a Lower Interchangeable Pulley Kit available soon, the Upper Pulley Kits seem to be a good fit for the 03 Cobra's though, the stock Cobra Upper Pulley is much larger than a stock Lightning Upper Pulley for example, so basically an Upper Pulley change can add a greater amount of Boost on a Cobra than what you would see on an Upper Pulley change with a Lightning.

Well I'm one that does not want to mess with the upper pulley and only want 2-3 lbs of boost. The lower kit is what I am looking for, so I can easily change it back. Do you offer such a set-up??

:burnout:

:burnout:

Silver 03 Cobra

Jeremy, I called yall about two weeks ago when I heard people were having problems getting the Lightning filter on the engine. At the time yall said it wouldn't work. I notice you say it is a 9 inch filter. I guess this is a stupid question but will it fit in the car without any interference. $125 sounds like a pretty good price with the mounting flange. Will that be the price if purchased alone.

Evilcartman

Established Member
I agree with T3 Cobra. I would like a lower because of all the issues people have had with messing up the blower shaft, belt problems and so on. Plus, it's easier to change back in case my car has to enter the dealer.

I also understand it would be good to get that upper pulley smaller. Changing the upper will not effect the alternator rpm's, but changing the bottom will. Is that an issue with over spinning the alternator or can I get another pulley for it also?

My father inlaw and I both have '03's an we are looking for a chip and pulley. You said that it is not available yet. Jeremy, please put us down on your list of people to call or email once you have them so that I can order 2 right away. Thanks.

Jeremy@JDM

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
OK let me see If I can answer all your questions-

- HP you are looking at approx 450 to the rear wheels (this combo ran a 12.1 qtr mile at 116mph installed on our JDM 03 Cobra CONV... on street tires, in 90+ degree heat in Bristol, TN for the Fun Ford Weekend)

-Our Stage 2 kit is in the works so be patient...(it might include an X-pipe or Aftermarket shifter and other goodies).

-The Upper Pulley Kit is not that difficult to install, it might actually be easier, you don't have to use a lift or put your car on jackstands and crawl underneath, all you have to do is open the hood. You can remove your Supercharger Snout and have the pulley pressed on and off at a machine shop and make the install very safe and easy. The Lower Pulley Kits are popular on the Lightnings because the Stock Upper Supercharger Pulley is fairly small (compared to a Cobra), the only way to add a significant amount of boost is with the Lower Pulley. The Stock Cobra Pulley is Huge so when you step down to a Lightning Size Upper Pulley (2.93) or smaller (2.80) it is easy to add boost and power. We will have the lower kits available soon too.

-We originally were using the 12" Conical Filter, it will install on an '03 Cobra but takes some tweaking to squeeze it in. After a little research, we switched to a 9 inch Conical Filter to make installation easier and for a better fit. The Cool Air kit alone is $125.

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by black03
To clear everything about the upper pulley kit. I purchased the kit from JDM and had Mr. Terry and Mike Reals from So FLo Pulley Hq install it. They used the ASP pulley puller tool. At first it was a little stubborn coming off. So they heated the stock pulley with a hand held blow torch until it was nice and hot. From there it came off with just a few more twists of the puller tool. It took about 30 mins in all. For those who are scared to do it, it is not that hard to do. If Ihad to do it myself now after watching it done I would feel totally confident doing the exchange with the ASP puller and a torch for back up. It's not that hard.Black03

Hopefully heating the stock pulley didn't damage the seals in the blower snout or you might get a leak further down the road.

Mark

n2fords2003

Established Member
Well I was at Bristol and I never saw the JDM conv. run 12.1 I did see it run 12.8 @ 116mph. There was a blue one there that ran 12.6 @ 118mph. I would like to see a pic of the time slip. I have a question JDM. How can that air filter be called a "cool air intake"? It sucks all of its air from the engine bay. A cool air intake is located in the finder. Air there is much cooler

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To clear everything about the upper pulley kit. I purchased the kit from JDM and had Mr. Terry and Mike Reals from So FLo Pulley Hq install it. They used the ASP pulley puller tool. At first it was a little stubborn coming off. So they heated the stock pulley with a hand held blow torch until it was nice and hot. From there it came off with just a few more twists of the puller tool. It took about 30 mins in all. For those who are scared to do it, it is not that hard to do. If Ihad to do it myself now after watching it done I would feel totally confident doing the exchange with the ASP puller and a torch for back up. It's not that hard.Black03

Users who are viewing this thread