03 cobra hp? MUST(try really hard to)READ

2face

Established Member
hey guys i got a friend who has a 03 cobra... now only mods the car has are!!! 1= a boxed cold air kit (not sure who makes it) 2= pro m racing mass air 3= 6lb lower metco pulley 4= high flow cats + cat back( basonni ) no dyno tune or chip!!!! .. now guy had his cobra dynoed at a shop in R.I they did 1 pull said the car was WAY LEAN claimed it put down 505 rwhp. so the kid dynoing it goes and does another 2 pulls on the cobra 2 pull 500 rwhp 3rd pull was 499.9 rwhp!!! now please correct me if i am wrong THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAR IS CAPABLE OF ACHIEVING THIS??? no port no fpdms no booste pump no injectors? so we set up a bet that his car does not make that kind of power (factory freak or not )... call up another shop set up just to do a pull to compare... soon as the guy go's to do first pull he gets right out of it said no way i am doing a dyno run WAY TO LEAN.. now he gets a sct hand held has a tune flashed and a dyno tune... last pull was 432 rwhp 444 rwtq... it made 15lbs of boost ... now does this sound about right ? cobra has 76,000. kind of sucks we couldnt get a base line run to compare. i can say his car pulls harder now and sounds alot better... please give ur opinions thanks to all..

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Haha ^^ :lol:

Not to sound like an ass, but I had a hard time understanding what were you trying to say. Sounds like it was running lean as hell and it made 500rwhp, and then you got a good tune and it made 432?

Sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing. Tell him to go to a legit tuner and get it tuned properly, with proper A/F and timing, rather then just "hunting" for specific power numbers.

And wtf is a "basonni" LOL baaha, thats a new exhaust company that I've never heard of?

2face

Established Member
damn you guys are hardcore.... lol so answer the question wise ass is 432 rwhp about right or is it low? now that the car is tuned it runs stronger with less hp? how is that

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
damn you guys are hardcore.... lol so answer the question wise ass is 432 rwhp about right or is it low? now that the car is tuned it runs stronger with less hp? how is that

So he is running exhaust and a 6lb lower along with an intake and made 432? Sounds kind of low... although if he didn't give it time to cool down that could be the reason why. He probably went to a REALLY friendly dyno or was blowing smoke up your ass about the 500whp. Unless he has a ported blower and doesn't know it, which wouldn't suprise me either here...

matt87

Established Member
i just tuned mine last friday at dez's. 2.76 upper only (same as 6# lower) through stock catted mid-pipe it made numbers in sig. if his car was that lean it woulda melted pistons. maybe he was using standard numbers and not corrected.

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
A pullied cobra with intake and exhaust will make between 440 and 460rwhp. He probably did hit 500rwhp when he dyoned because his cobra was running lean. The more you lean out your air/fuel ratio the more power your car will make up to a point and depending. Sure he can continue to drive his car like that but probably already did a good amound of damage to his pistons. So yes your friend is an idiot!! When it comes to adding boost to any motor running lean is a very bad thing. :nono: How long was he running his car with out a tune? He could only be hitting 432rwhp cause he already hurt his motor or he has a rich or conservative tune.

Last edited:

mikes03cobra

Established Member
I make 620 at 19 # boost with all the added fuel and a good air fuel mix .I dont understand making hp when going lean it leads to less hp and engine damage under load . At 15# I DONT KNOW 550 / 580 ? With a good tune ? You need fuel to do that and more air meaning upgrade the blower

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I make 620 at 19 # boost with all the added fuel and a good air fuel mix .I dont understand making hp when going lean it leads to less hp and engine damage under load . At 15# I DONT KNOW 550 / 580 ? With a good tune ? You need fuel to do that and more air meaning upgrade the blower

Not with an eaton.

At 15# on a ported eaton you might hit 500. Non-ported 480-490 range tops.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Stock upper? Was this verified by you?

That IS a big swing in power. The second set of numbers does seem low.

But in the end, why do you care? Do you think you got lied to? Worried the guy is ready to blow up? Think both dynos were messed up?

What's the deal?

What are paragraphs?:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread