03 cobra gauges in sn95

svtrickey

Established Member
What all is needed to make a set of 03 cobra gauges fully functional in a 96 cobra with a c-head swap?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
99+ clusters are microprocessor controlled and get most the their information via CAN bus from the PCM. 98- clusters are simple gauges that get their information directly from their own senders. The clusters are completely different designs and are not interchangeable.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
That's just a face and needle swap, not a cluster swap.

To do a cluster swap, you need to do a lnumber of of things, including:

Swap in an 03 Cobra cluster and PCM.
Swap to a returnless fuel system or turn off returnless in the tune.
Reprogram the speedometer calibration in the tune or run a Speedcal.

I am probably forgetting a bunch of stuff.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Speedhut.com

Spent $85 shipped for my custom 03-04 replica gauges. They look Identical to them along with red SVT logo and the glowing gauge face. Only prob being the mistake I made when designing them and I placed the SVT logo on the left side insted of the right by accident. Also didn't have to remove the needles at all an was a quick 1hr install with hand tools. The price is good and quality seems top notch along with the ability to switch the color from green glow to blue and dimmer control.

hittinboost

Established Member
Speedhut.com

Spent $85 shipped for my custom 03-04 replica gauges. They look Identical to them along with red SVT logo and the glowing gauge face. Only prob being the mistake I made when designing them and I placed the SVT logo on the left side insted of the right by accident. Also didn't have to remove the needles at all an was a quick 1hr install with hand tools. The price is good and quality seems top notch along with the ability to switch the color from green glow to blue and dimmer control.
Pics?

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
Speedhut.com

Looked into the custom build options and while getting really close, I was unable to get the SVT logo in red. Is there an option to have them put the logo on in red without having all the text be red?

1996slowbra

Established Member
Speedhut.com

Pics or GTFO.

Really though I would like to see this, the stock gauges are a bit plain for me.

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
Here: Ford Gauge Glow Dials and Custom Gauges by SpeedHut

takes just a few minutes.

CL GLow
Swis font
Red shift line
Add SVT graphic to Tach

This is how the GENERIC template will look.
gauges1.jpg

gauges2p.jpg

Last edited:

stangbanger856

Established Member
sorry guys bussy with work and X mass shoping here are the pics. remember i placed the SVT logo on the wrong side by accident.

IMG_20111204_152303.jpg

IMG_20111204_152333.jpg

IMG_20111205_144529.jpg

blue color
IMG_20111206_010901.jpg

green
IMG_20111206_010845.jpg

hard to tell the difference between the 2 colors in the pics but obvious in person

Enjoy.

and for refrence here are some real 03-04 cobra gauges.
gauges.jpg

2302730034_large.jpg

Last edited:

stangbanger856

Established Member
not an exact copy but most wont notice the difference. and for $85 shipped im not complaining but if the SVT logo on the wrong side bothers me enough ill buy new ones to fix it and sell thease.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Looked into the custom build options and while getting really close, I was unable to get the SVT logo in red. Is there an option to have them put the logo on in red without having all the text be red?

yes. after your set up the order you have a place for comments or special instructions. i just asked them to make the svt logo red. simple.

19Mystic96

Established Member
sorry guys bussy with work and X mass shoping here are the pics. remember i placed the SVT logo on the wrong side by accident.

IMG_20111204_152303.jpg

IMG_20111204_152333.jpg

IMG_20111205_144529.jpg

blue color
IMG_20111206_010901.jpg

green
IMG_20111206_010845.jpg

hard to tell the difference between the 2 colors in the pics but obvious in person

Enjoy.

and for refrence here are some real 03-04 cobra gauges.
gauges.jpg

2302730034_large.jpg

You got me sold.. I think I'm gonna have to order a set for myself..

dkehzrd

Id rather be drifting
Established Member
Wow thats bitchin'. Now I wish I didnt order the LED's for my stock cluster last week!!! Thanks for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread