03 Cobra featured on Horsepower TV

tapout632

Established Member
Spike TV's "Horsepower TV" featured an 03 Cobra being modded, 3" pulley, power programer, 2.8" pulley, 70 inch belt.

SICKBOY

Established Member
they state the power programmer pulled somethin like a gain of 42hp...with stock intake and exhaust...

SICKBOY

Established Member
then they went on to say not to use the power programmer with intake and exhaust mods as it is not calibrated and could cause a lean condition....riddle me this how did the power programmer make more hp with the stock set up? I'm assuming via timing and a leaner mix... I feel more "safe with a stock program and and intake and exhaust mods..as we know the factory file is pig rich

SICKBOY

Established Member
shit.. i think the 3inch was like a touch over 400 hundred like 407 and 427 with the 2.8...or something...running the power programmer that pays the shows bills of course...

Last edited:

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
I like how they mention the "blue stripe" head was in response to a "cooling" problem on pre Nov 1 2002 heads that could result in ticking noise.

I wonder how many with burned #7 pistons had the updated head ... *cough*

Also that using the Hypertech programmer would not void the factory warranty. I'd love to see someone explain to their service manager that the morons on HP TV said it was ok. Hypertechs website gives some BS about the manufacturer has to prove that the mod caused the problem in order to void the warranty ... LOL, why do I think you're not getting returned calls from Hypertech if you get your warranty voided and call them to complain.

Funny that the cobra made 364 rwhp stock versus the LS camaro later in the show that only made "about 300" as they put it.

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Is this the same show people were talking about 4 months ago? See THIS thread for info.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, I believe it is the same show from months ago. A re-run. And a show many would not pay much attention to. A programmer that doesn't handle intake and exhaust mods because of a potential lean condition? You've got to be joking. Where in the world did Hypertech come up with that one? ANY programmer that doesn't handle intake and exhaust mods is a waste of money IMO. :-(

I agree that it is BS for Hypertech to state that the warrantee won't be affected with their programmer. Ah, but they don't program for intake and exhaust mods, only a pulley change. That's GOT to guarantee you're safe with the dealer. LOL! Go figure!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
That show is one big advertisement. I still like it though.

Yes, I believe it is the same show from months ago. A re-run. And a show many would not pay much attention to. A programmer that doesn't handle intake and exhaust mods because of a potential lean condition? You've got to be joking. Where in the world did Hypertech come up with that one? ANY programmer that doesn't handle intake and exhaust mods is a waste of money IMO. :-(

I agree that it is BS for Hypertech to state that the warrantee won't be affected with their programmer. Ah, but they don't program for intake and exhaust mods, only a pulley change. That's GOT to guarantee you're safe with the dealer. LOL! Go figure!

Exactly, I wish they'd actually have a real wrencher's show.

Come on Bob, start a show for us.

Hawwk11

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXeF4kZZ6jg"]YouTube- Horse Power TV - 03/04 Mustang Cobra[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread