03 cobra dyno'd today

cobrat03

Established Member
Got my beast dyno'd today. I've got mangaflow catback and catted X-pipe with a Steeda CAI.

412 RWHP 382 FT/LBS. SAE corrected

That was more than I was expecting so I pretty happy. Here is the dyno sheet.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Good feeling isn't it?

I dynoed 409/379 today with a CAI, MAC o/r h and MAC catback. Had to get my baseline graphs for the 2.77 pulley and Predator tune soon to come. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers with those basic mods. Now the fun begins. :beer:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Nice numbers. Mine are pretty close with similar mods and YDH1 stock computer.

Why and how does the run go up to 6700 RPM? Do you have a chip?

cobrat03

Established Member
I was wonder the same because I have no chip. Pretty interesting condering I have the same computer code as you YDH1.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Cobrat,

Maybe you should ask the dyno guy what the deal was. I've never seen a stock dyno that didn't kick the rev limiter around 6200 or so. There might be a problem with the tachometer component of the dyno calibration. This wouldn't affect your HP readings, which the dyno reads directly, but would affect the torque calculations, which are derived from the HP reading and tach reading. The torque and HP curve do cross at 5250 revs, which is correct.

cobrat03

Established Member
We dyno'd two other '03 cobras with Prochargers and I believe the rev limiter on those was set at 7000 rpm which I think is where they were set at, but I'm sure there is a possiblity that it could be the dyno.

cobra101

Established Member
Is it me or is that TQ low? I put down 398rwtq with just a CAI and performance predator flash. 16 more rwtq for me with stock h-pipe and stock cat-back?

Granted, It ran 27 more rwhp but that should be expected with 2 exhaust mods. Also, my run was pig rich over 5k <10:1 a/f which would account for some HP.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Good numbers. I got 416/376 sae with just catback and aircharger, but your graph is much smoother than mine and A/F looks lots better than mine stock. I think I need a set of Denso's.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Cobrat,

Just pulled out my dyno and the A/F is a virtual clone of yours.

What this means, I think, is that the YDH1 computer code really works great with a CAI and cat back. None of that pig rich stuff you see on earlier codes. Don't think there would be much gain in A/F tuning with a chip in this setup. Would be some gain with advancing the timing some earlier in the curve, but, all in all, I'm very happy with my car with its simple mods and stock computer code.

Users who are viewing this thread