03 Cobra CF Hood

Are you interested in a CF 03 Cobra hood?

• YES

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • NO

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Depending on the final outcome of the Product

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stang2supra

Established Member
Hey guys, this is a poll regarding interest in a CF version of our 03 Cobra hoods. If there is enough interest, I will produce the product, and will be out on the market within a very short time. Please let me know your honest opinion, whether it be a yes, no or maybe.

Also, if there is another product that you guys wish was out on the market, please let me know as all your opinions will be heard. Thank you for your time.

John

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
There already is an 03cobra CF hood availible. I have had it for a while now. The problem is, I don't like the way it looks when its on the car. I think its because of how the CF is woven. I have some pics if you want.

But if you can make a CF hood that looks great then go for it. I would like to see more CF parts availible for us.

predator

Established Member
John.....thanks for your willingness to provide a product for us. I would be interested in a hood, depending on quality and cost. Some things I have been interested in would be a component package...hood, splitter, trunklid, side exhaust skirts, rear bumper with exhaust delete. I like the Cobra R type hood too...maybe custom scoops like those shown elsewhere here. I just think they breathe better. Some 03 Cobra loyalists might not agree....just my .02.

D-Cobra

Established Member
yea. i'm really interested in the stock 03 cobra hood that's made of all carbon fiber, and that doesn't cost $1500 like SHM asks. if you can make a good quality one that looks great, i'll be really interested.

Hunter6

Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra
yea. i'm really interested in the stock 03 cobra hood that's made of all carbon fiber, and that doesn't cost $1500 like SHM asks. if you can make a good quality one that looks great, i'll be really interested.

same here!

stang2supra

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming.

KevinJKD- I was only aware of the SHM hood on the market. Is this what you currently own? If you don't mind sending me pictures ([email protected]) and why it is you don't like the way it looks, that would help me out a great deal.

As for pricing, I am aiming for a maximum of half the cost of an SHM CF hood.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by stang2supra
Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming.

KevinJKD- I was only aware of the SHM hood on the market. Is this what you currently own? If you don't mind sending me pictures ([email protected]) and why it is you don't like the way it looks, that would help me out a great deal.

As for pricing, I am aiming for a maximum of half the cost of an SHM CF hood.

That $ amount should "create" a market all on it's own:rockon:
cosmetics will be a BIG issue for many....
I would probably paint it if I got one......hmmm ...... although....on a black cobra........hmmmmm:rockon:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I would be intersted in a cobra r svo hood with maybe a 3-4 inch cowl and the scoop already cut out.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
If the cost shipped was sub $700 I think alot would be sold. Assuming, the quality is really high.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
I'd be interested if it was the SVO style with the front facing scoop.

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra

The SHM hood isn't really available. They made a few, sold them and haven't made any more. I looked into one in November of 03 and they didn't have any, they haven't had any since, and when I talked to them, they didn't expect any to be comming in any time within the next 6 months.

FINICKY

Established Member
I would also be interested.. I wanted the hyland one last year but the $1500 price tag was a tad to much.. $700 is more like it.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Hey Ray(Finicky), I know Dan from Edison with the white car. What's up man?

davidmax

Established Member
The SHM problem was finding vendors to farm our mold out to.The mold is well engineered and the few pieces that were made sold but Sean would have to have bought 600+ pieces at a pop,and they cost him well over 1100 a pop + overseas shipping,duties etc...Dont expect to see 1 soon all the local yocals make POOP.,Dave Smilovic

stang2supra

Established Member
Thanks again for the comments, whether it be good or bad. Any kind of feedback will be helpful. I've decided to put the hood in production. I will have a sample product out within 2-3 weeks, with high resolution detailed pictures, and will be available for sale days within that timeframe. Local Socal owners would be more than welcome to check it out in person to attest for the finish, quality and fitment. I will keep you guys updated on the progress.

John

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Sounds really good!!! With the swap to the 03 setup in my 99, I might be forced to go with an 03 style hood in the next couple of months. One thing that has concerned me was the damn cost of shipping these beasts. Almost as much as the hood itself. Being that you're in SoCal, would I have the option will calling it to avoid any freight costs? Also, any idea what the price would be? Would there be an option to mount the stock underhood liner? What about the vents, are they factory?

Last edited:

svtmadman

Established Member
My VIS should be here this week, I hope it looks acceptable, also Ive been looking for more under the hood carbon and some other accenting pieces... interior, exterior etc

PS are those HRE wheels (im sure) but what size? Im getting close to buying a set and needing as much info as possible, as a matter of fact those were one of the two designs I was considering...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread