03 cobra bummer

hantzis

Established Member
My 03 Cobra had a May 6th build date, yet is still sitting at the plant. I have a build # of 352. It was the first order placed at Quirk Ford in MA. I just talked to SVT and they told me that only 1 cobra is shipped out to every dealership for the first shipment. 380 Cobras have been shipped as of today.

Who knows how long we could wait. For those that are having their Cobras built now, I can't imagine them shipping out any time soon if I'm within the first 400 and still have no ETA. I'm guessing early July now.

Anyone else have any more info on this?

Yellow Horse

Established Member
hantzis, see my mid-Atlantic post. From what I've read, all the cars built the first two weeks up to a VIN around 500 have shipped. I spoke to a guy in OK today that bought my 01 and he said a Norman, OK dealer was getting 6 in this week. Let's just ride out this week and see what happens. I can't imagine why they wouldn't load up and ship as many as they could. Not knowing anything is the worst part.

Last edited:

hantzis

Established Member
Yes, not knowing is the worst. I was planning to leave this saturday for San Diego(From MA), now this is really causing major problems. I can't even get an ETA from my dealer.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
FYI guys. My '03 is chassis number 1140, and it has been shipped. In other words, chassis numbers higher than 500 have been shipped. Your dealer should be the best source for info on the status of your car, though. Have him/her call VOPC for you (if they haven't already.)

Red2k3cobra

My # 7xx and it has been shipped as well with a eta of 6/17 the numbers are pretty much useless.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by hantzis
Yes, not knowing is the worst. I was planning to leave this saturday for San Diego(From MA), now this is really causing major problems. I can't even get an ETA from my dealer.

I live less than 10 miles from Quirk Ford in MA. They absolutely SUCK. I tried putting money down on a cobra on 2-7-02 there and the salesman said they aren't taking orders and when the cars arrive there will be "bidding wars" over the cars as they arrive.

A friend of mine, that has an order at another dealer in MA, got a call from a Quirk salesman. The guy said they have a black 03 cobra coupe due in at the end of May. My friend told the guy to screw as he already had his 03 mineral grey coupe locked in at Jannel Ford.

Since I had a mid June date for my black coupe, I called up Quirk and said, "Hey, I hear you guys have a black 03 cobra coupe due in at the end of may." The guy said, "Let me go check." A few minutes later he picks up the phone and confirms it. I told him I will come down there right now and put down 13000 to hold the car if they will sell it to me for sticker. He says, "We don't sell our Cobras at sticker." and hangs up on me.

I was a little pissed off, so I drove down there and asked for a sales manager. I walk through the door and a swarm of salesman are all over me. I said I don't want you guys.. I want a sales manager. One of the sales guys get me a manager and I say, "I heard you guys were going to get a black 03 cobra coupe in at the end of the month." The guy said, "Yea." I say, "I told your salesman I would give him 13000 right now to hold it for me." He says, "When we get the car in, we will sell it for market value." I say, "What are you going to do? Put a 6000 mark up on the car and park it next to the 5 thunderbirds you guys have been trying to sell for the last 6 months.

Botton line, the dealership sucks. My brother tried ordering 4 camber plates for his 95 SHO. The parts people said 110 bucks a piece. He called up another SVT dealer and got them for 35 each.

El Culebra

Established Member
Chaeck this out I can't stand those SOB Dealerships that do that they would sell their mothers if they could.

Fricken Northern California Dealerships
Here's what levels I had to stoop to I have placed deposits at three dealerships when the car arrives I will simply go in get them to fill out the paper work guess what then I will start to haggle if I am lucky I might reach a happy medium. I have spoke to an AZ dealership but my concerns are what my tax implications are will I have to pay taxes on the car twice how about transport costs?

CA Dealerships you suck I will name names Hansel Ford Santa Rosa a.k.a The Count, Peninsula Ford of Palo Alto you suck also a.k.a Dracul Serramonte Ford of Colma...I want to say Colon. a.k.a Drac...all of you dealers are Vampires and you suck I will get my car but on my terms some of you are Blue Oval Certified I will call Ford every day till that certification is taken even I have to get my buddies to also call everyday I know I sound sleazy however what happend to the paying customer doesn't Ford pride it's self on this.

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by pimpinSaleen

I actually bought my first Cobra from them and haven't had any problems. I guess the problem really lies with SVT. My Cobra was one of the first Cobras built and it still hasn't shipped. I have a problem with this.

46stang

Established Member
my car is #1293 and it is supposed to be at my dealer on 6/17. and it was shipped on 6/3, SO?? hopefully!
Leon

Snoker

Established Member
I also spoke to SVT this AM and asked Jesse to check my VIN (My vin, last six are 300128). I was advised the vehicle is not yet built, but is "Q"ed. Jesse said vehicle should be produced in next week or two with transportation of an additional week or 2. He said that was the worst case scenario. He said as of yesterday 380 had been shipped and that production is still ramping up and they are not at full production at this time. He did not give an answer as to the cause, but I suspect it is a combination of causes that include getting out all the ordered 02 models before the retooling occurs for the 03 regular Mustangs( must get those out before the summer vacation shutdown), CAFE requirements (more 6 cylinders, less V8's) and the normal line production/quality issues that occur with running a vehicle in the same line with other vehicles (different parts on 03 Cobras vs 02 Mustangs).

Jesse said the production numbers per day now are in the 40 to 50 range with full production expected to account for between 70 and 100 per day. He did not say when full production is expected.

That is all I have now. The delivery week given to me last week by my saleman of June 17th doesn't sound realistic now. I asked Jesse that very question and he would not rule out that week, but said it is very unlikely.

No other alternative, other than wait until it arrives. Now I wish I hadn't sold my 01 so quickly.

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
555707_134_full.jpg

RT CLICK SAVE AS TURBO SCRATCHY VID

11.09 vid

lopitty lopitty lope lope vid

Cruising to lunch

revving at Woodward Dream cruse 2005

666rwhp dyno pull

Whisky City's vert running 11.8

JP roll races better than me

Hammertime at the pit
308 semiauto PTR91 fired by me
my friend Scotty shooting the PTR91
5.56x45 caliber AK74 bumpfiring
10 slugs, ouch!
COLT SP-1 AR15 being bumpfired
75rd drum dump

just select them, all hosted at streetfire

Intake:
Hellion T76 S-Trim Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbocharger with .96 a/r turbine
SCT 2800 BIG AIR MAF
Powdercoated Stock Throttle Body
MACH1 intake
Turbosmart Eboost2 Boost controller
Turbonetics Evolution wastegate
Turbonetics BOV

Exhaust:
Magnaflow Catback

Motor:
Block bored 0.030 over by ModularPerformance.com
CP Forged Aluminum pistons 8.5:1
Oliver Billet Rods
Valve job by ModularPerformance.com
Heads are bowl ported by ModularPerformance.com
Crower Stage3 cams #62824-4
Crower heavy Duty valve springs/retainers #84710
Canton Road Race 7qt Oil Pan #15-784
NGK-TR6 gapped @ "0.029
Energy Suspension polyurethane Motor Mounts

Fuel:
PHP return fuel system
Dual Weldon 310lph in-tank pumps
-8AN fuel line with Apten stainless adapter
Russell 40micron -8AN fuel filter
Weldon Fuel Pressure Regulator
Pauls Hi Performance MACH1 Fuel rails
-6AN Return line

Transmission:
T56 with Liberty's Gears 26 spline input shaft
Liberty's Gears 31 spline output shaft
Liberty's Gears 31 spline 1350 Series Driveshaft yoke
Liberty's Viper 5th gear(0.75:1) and 6th gear (0.50:1)
Liberty's Faceplated 3-4 gears
Centerforce DFX Clutch
Centerforce Aluminum Flywheel
Fiore F/W ADJ and quadrant
MGW T56 Shifter w/ red handle
Dynotech Engineering MMC Custom Driveshaft

Front Suspension:
UPR K Member
UPR A Arms
UPR Bumpsteer kit
Maximum Motorsports Coilovers 350#
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates

Rear Suspension:
DSS Level 5 Halfshafts w/larger outer hubs
MM UCA/LCA/FRT&RR Diff Bushings
Maximum Motorsports IRS Subframe bushings #MMIRSU-1
14mm Front IRS bolts and nuts from MM
Stock Bilstein Shocks w/custom bushings
Stock OEM Coupe springs
UMI Performance Torque Box reinforcements (fronts)
ABS wire pass-thru relocate
PHP Billet Toe Link Bars
Billetflow Rear Diff Cover Brace
31 spline Eaton posi differential
FRPP 3.55gears by Jeff Schmell
Motorcraft Synthetic 75w140 Ford Friction modifier

Miscellaneous:
LC-1 Wideband
Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
Autometer Lunar Oil Pressure Gauge
Autometer Lunar Boost/Vac Gauge
Maximum Motorsports MMRB-9 6-pt cage w/swingouts
5pt Racing Harness
Cobra Monaco Seats w/adjusters
AFS 9" polished front wheels
AFS 10.5" polished rear wheels
SLP Line Lock
Stainless brake speedbleeders SB1010S-SS
Ford HD Brake Fluid 550degree
Metco Driveshaft Loop
Gorilla 1" open end Lugnuts #90087
Motorcraft Locking Gas Cap FC958 XU5Z-9030-DA
Battery Relocated to trunk
On/Off switch on rear bumper
HANS Force Subframes (with custom bracing to floor)
Custom Power Steering Reservoir Bracket

Powdercoating done by www.qccoatings.com
Turbo Kit install by www.stenodracing.com
Turbo kit from http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/kit_0304cobra.php
Tune by www.paulshp.com

PICTURES

These links are for www.imagestation.com which requires a login and password if you do not already have an account there. I have created a guest login for you to use if you need it.

LOGIN postbanguest
PASSWORD guestpostban

Make your own *AIRBOX*

My gun collection

Motor pull at Jeff's Jan 2005 9 images

Pics of my HANS subframes Jan 2005 5 images

Pics of 7-11-04 mod party, blower pull at Rich's 22 images

Pics of CRUISIN DOWNRIVER 2004 24 images

old style cooling mod-clutch swap 2004 39 images

8.8 Live Axle Swap 59 images

MCT Dyno Day 2004 34 images

Eaton Removal 36 images