03 cobra 5.3 tt misfire

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
Im running the 4r70w. It made 725 through the automatic on a dynojet dyno. We tried adding some timing but it started losing mid range (detonating) so we pulled the time back out.

780 sounds like its through a stick but every car is different I guess.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Thanks, its the standard hellion intake with the VMP MAF housing and a BA5000
I meant what intake manifold you are running.

Regarding the numbers, you have a higher stall too so it will read lower. I'm sure your midrange is higher due to the added cubes. I bet the car is an animal on the street!

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
I meant what intake manifold you are running.

Regarding the numbers, you have a higher stall too so it will read lower. I'm sure your midrange is higher due to the added cubes. I bet the car is an animal on the street!

Oh got ya. It's the 99-01 intake manifold. Yeah i was really happy to pull 725 out of a4000 stall converter. im putting an Alky Meth injection on next season and hopefully running 20 degrees timing and 18lbs boost.
I
i should be driving the thing by Friday, there is a couple small leaks that need to
be fixed and I'm on the road.

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
Hey guys I ran a test and tune today at the 5.0 shootout at MIR.

Ran a 10.3 at 135mph with a 1.5 60'

not bad for my first day at the track and on a foot brake. I broke the tranny on my last pass trying to foot brake it so its coming out tomorrow for a rebuild through PA performance and getting a manual valve body with trans brake.

will update next time i can run it.

Users who are viewing this thread