03 cobra 5.3 tt misfire

SVTMang

Established Member
You could pull your valve covers and make sure you didn't destroy a few rockers or your lash adjusters. It shouldn't have done that but anything could happen.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
new BR7Es gapped at 25, 8 new Motorcraft coil packs, and a new sct ba5000 installed with the vmp 8" 3 1/4 housing.

Gotta rework the tune for the new MAF and I will wupdate on the misfire issue

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
looks like the problem may be fixed! After installing just the maf/housing, plugs and coil packs there was no misfire on 3 and 5 at any rmp. Just a few here and there from the cams. The data log showed everything perfect.. It goes on the dyno tomorrow if he has time and we will see whats up under load if we can finally make it to 6500 rpm.

Thanks again everyone for your support

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
looks like the problem may be fixed! After installing just the maf/housing, plugs and coil packs there was no misfire on 3 and 5 at any rmp. Just a few here and there from the cams. The data log showed everything perfect.. It goes on the dyno tomorrow if he has time and we will see whats up under load if we can finally make it to 6500 rpm.

Thanks again everyone for your support

Told you it was probably the ba3000. Mine had the same issues when I had one installed. :beer:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
yup i have the 2800 and my turbo does not like it all the time either.

im going blow thru on mine soon also.

but got to get the engine fixed first....

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
Well the misfire is def fixed after replacing the MAF, plugs, and coil packs. Now were having a hell of time tuning it. It was getting really lean at 5200rpm so he tried adding 1% to even 12% fuel and nothing changed. ‎Shes being a real bitch through this whole build but I think were getting there. Adam in on vacation till Friday so I will update more then.

14lbs of boost, 12 degrees timing, 5200 rpm running lean. 680hp. Still heading to 20 degrees timing, 18lbs of boost and 6500rpms. Hopefully make the 800 club when Adam gets back Friday.

Dyno | Facebook

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
When is it going back on the dyno? If you don't mind I'd like to swing by and check it out.

As far as I knew it was on the dyno Friday night and Saturday. I was doing Army stuff this weekend :/. I will be down there Monday morning to watch a couple pulls and hopefully take her home, your more than welcome to stop down

Looks like you're getting there. Sounds awesome so far. It's good to see another BB stroker.

Thanks bro, cant wait to to be at full capacity with it.:beer:

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
well today we founf a few codes that came to finding the power wire for the cam position sensor isnt working.. with these codes the car is running like shit. No blown fuses so its the wiring somewhere

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
Ok guys, finally some news!

The cam position sensor issue turned out to be a fried ECU, found one on here and had it next day.

I believe I have the final numbers now, hes just fine tuning making sure the a/f is steady through 6500 rpm.

Final numbers looking like 725hp / 711 tq. Adam added 2 more degrees timing and we gained 10hp but lost mid range due to 93 octane so were keeping it at 15lbs of boot and 15 degrees timing till next season. Im happy as can be with 725!

chrisquirk187

Momma, I wanna go fast!
Established Member
Very nice! Glad you got it ironed out. BTW, what intake are you running?

Thanks, its the standard hellion intake with the VMP MAF housing and a BA5000

That's very low numbers for 15lbs on a 5.3L. My car put down 780+ on 15 degrees at 16psi. I'd have it checked out again.

Not sure what you got as far as transmission but im running an Automatic with a 4000 stall so the numbers will show low.

Users who are viewing this thread