03' attempt CARJACK??

B

blown03cobra

Long story, I work in EMS and work 24 hour shifts, I got off today (early) at 2am and began driving home. I notice someone behind me honking their horn and flashing lights and slow down for them to get by me. They pull up next to me and it is two males (a mexican and a black guy) and they start saying "whats up man?" and shit like that. Well I totally blow it off and keep going but I notice that they are following me so I pull off into a neighborhood that I know very well but do not live in and stop in front of a house and turn off my lights (all while they are behind me) and they proceed to pass me VERY slowly. Well I stay there for a couple minutes and begin to drive out of the neighborhood,, yet did I know that they had turned off their lights, turned around and parked on my side of the road. I spot a car on my side with the lights off and they IMMEDIATELY turn on their brights. Me being the dumbass begin to go slowly past them and the driver begins to yell "hey man hold up" as his passenger pulls out a HANDGUN!!!!! I IMMEDIATELY FLOOR IT and blow through the neighborhood loosing them as I call for the police (this is one of the only times, OF COURSE that I forgot to put my .45 in my car I also have a CHL) I meet with the police at a local school parking lot and it is apparent that I have WAAAY lost them, just to be safe the police had a unmarked unit follow me all the way to my house and they say that I will be ok and it was just an isolated inccident. (I HOPE!!!) Just last week some kid (19) was shot in the head with a assault rifle within a 2 mile distance from my house in his own driveway.... what the hell is this world coming to???....... please you guys.... BE SAFE OUT THERE I do not want to hear any bad stories about anyone much less anyone on here. These cars are hot and all it does is make criminals HOT,,,, just dont give them a winning chance to have their way.... We are , unfortunately living in different days.

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Hey man, glad your safe! i know how it is with a flashy car and you get alot of looks and things like that can happen, you just have to be carefull. Espcially if your in a shaky neighborhood! I almost had a similar situation, but i never saw a gun, i was approached side by side at a red light, by two cars, and i looked to my left and right, and i seen doors swing open, I floored it and never stopped!! luckily it was early morning hours and no one was on the roads! things like that are scary.....

Well be carefull out there. PEACE

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
Damn.. shoulda known u live in Houston Texas... Houston and the Metroplex are both bad places. Sorry to hear about that dude.. Im a cop here in the Dallas Metroplex and deal w/ stories like that every week.. It really pisses me off to hear about those friggin thugs.. All Ive got to say is that my glock 9mm will be providing extra security for my new 03...

There have been several stories up here where punks like that have tried to carjack people who carry pistols on them. One guy was carrying and pulled up to a train crossing late at night waiting for the train to pass, when two guys tried to carjack him.. well... he saw them comming up to his window w/ a gun and took em out.. those guys will get whats coming to them sooner or later... stay safe and use that supercharger to get your ass out of there.. sounds like you did a good job not getting involved in an incident.. next time just drive straight to the nearest police station parking lot and you will be fine. While your enrt call 911 and advise them that you're being followed and to have units meet w/ u there and stop the suspect vehicle.. If we can stop the vehicle we will definitely find the gun and take em to jail on unlawful carrying of a weapon charges.. best of luck. stay safe!
sky

B

blown03cobra

Thanks so much for the posts guys. Sky... I really appreciate the advice and support, even if I would have had my pistol it would have been a big mistake getting into a gunfight with those thugs. Not only that, but they would have the drop on me because I dont belive in drawing a gun until you know its your last resort and you are mentally ready to kill somebody, I know that sounds rough but Im sure you can understand with your experience. I live in a nice part of Houston (Clear Lake) and still this kind of stuff happens, its unbelivable that we are not only at war in other countries but also within our communities :( I called my dad as soon as it happened (he is a ret. Secret Service Agent) and he also said that I did the right thing. I got a decent description on the perps and their car so hopefully we can get somewhere today when I go up to the station. Im just glad that they dont know where I live,, I know no one around here has the same car as I do and it is easy to spot but im not really worried about them remembering it since I belive criminals are dipshits. Needless to say, as soon as I got home my 1300 defender got taken out of the safe for the first time in years, and unfortunatly it will probably stay that way. Be safe everyone and take this as a little personal lesson, if you can run, DO IT!! Thugs are not worth loosing your life over

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
That is the main reason I, but limo tint on my car so people can only see what I want them to.

My 03 is protected by a Sig P239 in .357sig. If they survive past that they get past that they can have the car.

Stay safe.

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by tofast4u-Cobra0
That is the main reason I, but limo tint on my car so people can only see what I want them to.

My 03 is protected by a Sig P239 in .357sig. If they survive past that they get past that they can have the car.

Stay safe.
:beer:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member

Stay safe.

Some years back I was driving a country road in Connecticut with my 125lb Rottweiler in the back of the SUV. This guy in a POS rusted out celica with NY plates gets on my ass and starts flashing his headlights on and off. I speed up, he speeds up. I pull over to let him pass and he pulls over. I start driving again and he pulls back in behind me and starts the same thing with the lights. So, this time I pull off a side road which I know real well and he follows me. I finally pull over and draw my Glock 17 from the Gunny-sack and start to get out of the car. The guy gets out and before you know it, he's at the driver's side back door of my SUV. The window was partially open and my Rottie went for him. This dog hit the door so hard that the SUV shook like a Mother F&*(*&. This was enough to startle the guy but then I ask him why he wanted me to pull over (all the time maintaining a safe distance). He says, "uh, I was just wondering where you got that dog, I've been looking for one and can't find any good ones around here. Sorry if I startled you." I replied, "Look you just can't do that shit around here, you're gonna find yourself in trouble or worse." He says, "I wasn't gonna jack you man. Anyway, what if I did?" This put me on INSTANT alert and I backed up a step to create even more distance, and said "My dog would rip your damn arm off and if you still kept coming......... I'd be forced to shoot your ass". At the same time, I unconcealed the Glock which I had in my strong hand but at my side and slightly behind my right thigh (not exactly the smartest thing to do). He got the message and apologized and took off. I picked up the cell, called the local PD and reported this guy with his plate number and all. Not sure what ever came of it BUT the moral of the story, trouble can find you anywhere, anytime, and you need to always be aware of your surroundings and have the means to protect yourself.

Glad that you didn't get hurt! You also did the right thing. Use of a firearm is a last-resort, lethal-force option.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. BTW, now I years older and much wiser...........my carry firearm is a SS Kimber Ultra Carry (.45ACP).
:dw:

Last edited:
B

blown03cobra

very nice choice of firearm,,, I HATE 9mm's my carry gun is a HK USP .45 compact. Just the sound of this hand cannon going off is enough to give some moron a heartattack. 9mm's slip way too easy through stuff, If I ever had to use it I dont want it going through and hitting a house or something, plus the stopping power is unsurpassable.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by blown03cobra
very nice choice of firearm,,, I HATE 9mm's my carry gun is a HK USP .45 compact. Just the sound of this hand cannon going off is enough to give some moron a heartattack. 9mm's slip way too easy through stuff, If I ever had to use it I dont want it going through and hitting a house or something, plus the stopping power is unsurpassable.

I too am totally partial to the .45ACP. In fact, it's the only handgun cartridges that I bother to reload. I've had two Colt .45 Goverment models, a Colt .45 Officer's Enhanced and now I carry the Kimber solely. Awesome stopping power, very controllable follow-up shot placement.

BTW, HK makes the MOST kick ass stuff. I love the USP Compact and it was a toss up between that (in stainless) and the Kimber. Well, there's always more room in the collection. Too bad the ONLY new handguns that can be sold in the state of Massachusetts is Sig Sauer (good guns though).

Mark

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I also have a Kimber Pro CDP in .45 ACP which I traded a Kimber Super Match for and the gun dealer thought I was nuts, but usually don't carry it because it is single-action. For firepower the .357Sig and .45ACP are equivalent and the .357Sig is actually significantly louder and more accurate at distance.

I hope I never need to use them but am prepared if necessary.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I love my .45. It's had a lot of work done to it. It feels like part of my hand and is very accurate. I pray I never have to use it.:beer:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
I also have a Kimber Pro CDP in .45 ACP which I traded a Kimber Super Match for and the gun dealer thought I was nuts, but usually don't carry it because it is single-action. For firepower the .357Sig and .45ACP are equivalent and the .357Sig is actually significantly louder and more accurate at distance.

I hope I never need to use them but am prepared if necessary.

Yeah, I hear you. I always carry the Kimber "cocked and locked" and have been doing this with single-action autos for years without trouble (it makes some people skidish though). The .357 Sig is a great new cartridge but I'm still partial to the .45ACP.

I'm with you on hoping to never have to use them for self-defense because.......*I would*.

Mark

CbrCpe

Established Member
HK USp .45 is a nice piece...my carry handgun is a 9MM...it's not always the caliber that counts, but placement & the ammo...a 9MM Gold Dot HP +P has stopping power.

On the car jacking, I've had three attempted. The best thing to do is out run them, use the cell phone, and go for a well lited and busy place. The key, especially at nite, is to be aware of what's going on around you.

Sad, sad situation we're in.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Somebody say Kimber PRO-CDP?
fdfc7735.jpg

Carried one for a while, sold it. Carry G19 now.
Placement, and only placement wins arguments.;-)

Check my sig for previous obsession.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Long story, I work in EMS and work 24 hour shifts, I got off today (early) at 2am and began driving home. I notice someone behind me honking their horn and flashing lights and slow down for them to get by me. They pull up next to me and it is two males (a mexican and a black guy) and they start saying "whats up man?" and shit like that. Well I totally blow it off and keep going but I notice that they are following me so I pull off into a neighborhood that I know very well but do not live in and stop in front of a house and turn off my lights (all while they are behind me) and they proceed to pass me VERY slowly. Well I stay there for a couple minutes and begin to drive out of the neighborhood,, yet did I know that they had turned off their lights, turned around and parked on my side of the road. I spot a car on my side with the lights off and they IMMEDIATELY turn on their brights. Me being the dumbass begin to go slowly past them and the driver begins to yell "hey man hold up" as his passenger pulls out a HANDGUN!!!!! I IMMEDIATELY FLOOR IT and blow through the neighborhood loosing them as I call for the police (this is one of the only times, OF COURSE that I forgot to put my .45 in my car I also have a CHL) I meet with the police at a local school parking lot and it is apparent that I have WAAAY lost them, just to be safe the police had a unmarked unit follow me all the way to my house and they say that I will be ok and it was just an isolated inccident. (I HOPE!!!) Just last week some kid (19) was shot in the head with a assault rifle within a 2 mile distance from my house in his own driveway.... what the hell is this world coming to???....... please you guys.... BE SAFE OUT THERE I do not want to hear any bad stories about anyone much less anyone on here. These cars are hot and all it does is make criminals HOT,,,, just dont give them a winning chance to have their way.... We are , unfortunately living in different days.

Thank god you're ok blowncobra....BUT why the *&#@ do you assume its a mexican you racist PIG!!! I was hoping at the end of your little story the cops caught them and THEN find out there was a mexican and a black then it would of been cool...but all you did was assume?!?! You didn't even say that one looked like a mexican, you just automatically labeled one of the males as "mexican." Go to hell @$$hole!:gt:

P.S. If it is just a typo about your story please accept my apology

B

blown03cobra

umm, maybe I failed to mention that I got a GREAT ID OF THE PERPS (BADGUYS). I saw a mexican/hispanic guy and a black guy,,, but hey, now that you mention it maybe they were just two white boys wearing mexican and black guy costumes :lol: Im not going to argue about this with ya, I have not even seen you post on here but it is sort of weird that YOU are the ONLY one out of almost a hundred people who has read this who has had a problem with it..... Oh yeh, did I mention my last name is GONZALEZ??? :loser: now you will have to excuse me, some "racist pig" has to go mow some lawns ;-) lighten up

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
dude... that post is ridiculous.. you sound like some of the people I deal w nightly.. please dont assume people are automatically racists.. thats shi@!! Playing the race card all the damn time is krap and gets old really quick.. I have hispanics that claim Im racists all the damn time... esp cause im a white boy... then they usually shut up when i speak better spanish than them :lol:

As far as the gun situation.. Id have to agree w/ cbrcpe about the placement.. Best training and advise ive ever heard about shooting is... "placement, placement, and placement." :)
sky

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Some people really need help no matter what is said they will always find a part that they interpret as anti-them for unjust reasons.

Out of those I would go with the Ultra Ten II, but would not decock it. I always have one in the hole, but if I am carrying one of my Kimber’s it’s cocked-and-locked and if it is one of my Sigs it is decocked because it is double/single. I really am thinking about getting a HK P7M8, but my wife thinks I already have too many. Also get a good set of leather I use Galco.

I have had allot of training in self-defense and reactive techniques at a local gun dealer and the classes were actually personal trainings by a SWAT team member in Ft. Lauderdale. I learned allot and it was definitely worth it if you carry I would recommend it.

TLush

Established Member
Sorry to hear about yet another carjacking (Thankfully attempted).
At least you didn't get hurt, probably scared and PISSED.
Someone is aways trying to punish you for trying to make your life better. (thugs, bosses, jealous people, etc.)
I have a .45 gov. and a .44 ruger superredhawk, my wife's. It's
a double action revolver, just point and shoot. It has hollowpoints
that way it doesn't penetrate to many walls.

Users who are viewing this thread