03/04 Supercharger whine

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Whisper quiet. No embarrassing and annoying gear noise

It says that right there in the description of the KB. Maybe they arent talking about the on throttle noise, and not at idle. On the 96-98 model, it says that it doesnt need to be intercooled...but can it be?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
it sure as hell wasn't on my friend's... :shrug:

Was the KB a 2.2 or the smaller version. What car was it on? The 2.2 is defientely louder then a pullied eaton. The smaller version is much much quieter

apache

Established Member
angcobra said:
The eaton sounds much different with 2.80 pulley VS stock. What a stereo, exhaust to the rear and SC in the front, Music to my ears!
I have to agree with you! I have a ported Eaton with pulley and it sounds dope...not saying KBs aren't awesome sounding cause they are...but a port job and a big ass air filter will make your blower scream for a lot less$$$IMO

sayno2rice

Established Member
The main disadvantage to supercharging your '01 is that the bottom end on the 01's are not nearly as stout as the 03-04 bottom ends so you aren't going to be capable of getting anywhere close to the power out of it as you would be able to in an 03-04.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
first off, it was a 2.4 pushing 23 psi on a built block, secondly, all these people saying the value won't drop on terminators, it's not a matter of which car is better or worse, it's a matter of what the perception of the general public is. You argue the terminator is better as if I don't agree or as if I don't agree it's a "real muscle car" but that's not the point, value is based on what the public thinks, not what a select few true enthusiasts believe.

dwilsonjr74

Established Member
I have the same magnaflow and have nothing but good things to say, my brother got his from ebay but I wanted a valid warranty(I have had problems with ebay sellers before) so I got it here. magnaflow 16524, or you can try one of the vendors here on the forum selling magnaflow, they are allways having sales/specials on the forums. It is nicely built and sounds great I think.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have the same magnaflow and have nothing but good things to say, my brother got his from ebay but I wanted a valid warranty(I have had problems with ebay sellers before) so I got it here. magnaflow 16524, or you can try one of the vendors here on the forum selling magnaflow, they are allways having sales/specials on the forums. It is nicely built and sounds great I think.

As comical as this thread(about blower whine)..... WAS

Way to dig up a 5 year old thread overflowing with relavant timely DATA!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread