03/04 Supercharger whine

tapout632

Established Member
Alright now the only reason what is going to have me get an 03/04 Cobra is because of the whine from the supercharger, I think it sounds frickin awesome... but right now I am having trouble finding an 04 Cobra for a reasonable price and the only thing I actually want out of it, is the whining noise.

So, I was doing some thinking, and I just figured I should just supercharge my '01 cobra to get an almost identical whining noise. What supercharger could I get that is good that makes almost the same noise?

SVTHorsnake

Banned
people have found ways to do the swap. It's a bitch but it's doable. pm snowmancobra, he did it. Also try the KB kit, it's not as loud, but it's there. either way, trying to go root will cost an ass-load. Don't buy a new cobra though, the value is going to plumet when the '05 GT really becomes popular.

tapout632

Established Member
okay so KB would be good? I forgot who told me Vortech or Procharger but I remember seeing a video of one of them and when they started the car it had this obnoxious loud annoying noise which I didn't like. I really don't want to get the 04 cobra because I know im inevitabley gonna end up trading it in 2 yrs from now for the '07 cobra so i guess i just need to start modding the 01. Just now with the supercharger, the engine hopefully will last me till '07 so I can trade it in before it dies out on me.

metaman

Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
. Don't buy a new cobra though, the value is going to plumet when the '05 GT really becomes popular.

I disagree. The 05 GT is already really popular. I like the way the 05 looks too. But it is not a hardcore muscle car like the 03-04 cobra.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
tapout632 said:
Alright now the only reason what is going to have me get an 03/04 Cobra is because of the whine from the supercharger, I think it sounds frickin awesome... but right now I am having trouble finding an 04 Cobra for a reasonable price and the only thing I actually want out of it, is the whining noise.

So, I was doing some thinking, and I just figured I should just supercharge my '01 cobra to get an almost identical whining noise. What supercharger could I get that is good that makes almost the same noise?

If all you are looking for is the whining noise, just drive real fast with you wife or GF in the car. That should be more than enough whining for you.

KB has also come out with a kit for the 99/01 Cobra. You might want to look into that (I remember reading about it in MM&FF or 5.0 a few months ago). I know the KB is actually a lot louder than the roots (on the 03/04 Cobra's anyways).

FordFreak

Established Member
Grey03Cobra said:
If all you are looking for is the whining noise, just drive real fast with you wife or GF in the car. That should be more than enough whining for you.

HAHAHA :lol:

I know how that goes! Just date my ex and you'll get all the whining you want!
;-)

Fast Willy

Established Member
If your going to go with a new supercharger, the best to companies out there are def kenne bell, and whipple. You can't go wrong with either of those comapanies.

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
Don't buy a new cobra though, the value is going to plumet when the '05 GT really becomes popular.

I just don't see that happening. 3 valve GT 300hp stock with non-blower friendly internals verses 4 valve Cobra 390hp (we all know that's under rated) with uber boost potential. My money is on the Cobra and I don't even have to go into how responsive they are to mods. Looks only get a car so far... Now if the 06 Cobra comes out, that's different.

BTW- MY personal opinion is that the Eaton sounds like a remote control car. I classify those as a whine and Procharger and Vortech as a whistle. I love that whistle... Again, just my opinion and it only matters to me. :rolling:

Last edited:

angcobra

angcobra
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
it sure as hell wasn't on my friend's... :shrug:

The eaton sounds much different with 2.80 pulley VS stock. What a stereo, exhaust to the rear and SC in the front, Music to my ears!

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I can burn a soundtrack of a sc whining and you can just play it really loudly while you drive around. That'll do the trick!

TheOne™

Established Member
i'd tell ya to get the saleen supercharger(the black 1 that came in the 2000 saleens i guess, or the 96-98) as thats what my brother used to have and whines louder than the 03/04 cobra, but those aren't that efficient.
i still have some dyno vids if you want'em.
email me @ [email protected]

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
if you don't have the funds for a supercharger, you can get that kind of whine just by purchasing a gear drive. it replaces the timing chain and gears with gears. and depending on the pitch of the gears and angles of the teeth it can be quiet or louder.
I can't remember what the gears need to be like in regards to the teeth angle to get the whine, but be careful... you can get some that are excessive on sound. lol

Users who are viewing this thread