03/04 hood on 99/01

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
quick and easy question. i know there is about a 1/2 inch gap under the front lip of the hood with the 99/01 front bumper. but my question is, exactly where is that gap? is it above the headlights? or is it above the plastic to the sides of the grill opening?
that is all. thank you

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The gap will be above the middle uprights on your bumper that seperate the ponies "corral" from the headlights.

Do some searching and you'll probably be able to find some pictures. It really looks like crap IMHO. How good the Terminator hood looks is all put to hell by that gap...makes the front end look like the bumper is out of alignment.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I think it looks good. It is different but thats because you are used to looking at the stock hood off a V6. That pissed me off when the V6's starting to come stock with those hoods. I wanted to throw a terminator hood on my 01 when I had it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't think you quite understand what we were trying to say.

The hood itself is a good looking hood. However, how it fits on a pre 03 Cobra does not look good.

Here's a pic I found...

DSCN9698small.jpg

Notice how the hood does not in any way line up with the front bumper? It makes the front end look disconnected from the rest of the car.

Anthony_Z

Established Member
Im taking the easy way out with a carbon fiber hood to release the ricer in me, it also has function and looks secsay

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1139#1158

Heat Extractor Hood, Part#1158, Price:$519.00,
Material: Fiberglass Add to Cart

Finished underside liner adds extra strength amd can be painted for a show quality appearance. Features pre-cut openings for easy installation of the Cobra black inserts. Inserts are included in the price of the hood. This hood will only work on a 2003,2004 COBRA if part #3355 or #3362 is also purchased. Also Available as Lift-off for $279. Call for details. LIFT-OFF HOODS ARE MADE TO ORDER, AND NON-REFUNDABLE! Mustang Hood, 1994 - 2004 Mustang Custom Hood, 99-04 Mustang Heat Extractor Hood.

It will fit.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
It may be just me, but I like the look of the '99 Cobra hood better than the GTs too tall forward facing hood scoop.

99 svtcobra

1999WhiteSVT said:
quick and easy question. i know there is about a 1/2 inch gap under the front lip of the hood with the 99/01 front bumper. but my question is, exactly where is that gap? is it above the headlights? or is it above the plastic to the sides of the grill opening?
that is all. thank you

Get yourself one of steeda cobra r hood and call it a day.

cobrafan

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
ex-PJs snake said:
:)
I respect your opinion.
Anyhow:
TigerRacing hood > Terminator hood. ;-)

Going to have to agree with this statement.

The Terminator hood looks good (so does the tiger racing hood), but from a functionality standpoint, it comes up short.

The Tiger Racing hood is designed as a functional piece rather than to simply look good.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Then you must really hate the mach1 shaker hook setup. lol

Terminator hood > TigerRacing hood

At least the mach1 shaker hood is functional. I have seen some Cobra R look-a-likes w/o louvers (sp?) that I think are nice looking. I guess I'm more oriented to sleeper mode than bling mode. My car would have to be really, really fast before I put a Tiger Racing hood on it.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
3B99SVT said:
At least the mach1 shaker hood is functional. I have seen some Cobra R look-a-likes w/o louvers (sp?) that I think are nice looking. I guess I'm more oriented to sleeper mode than bling mode. My car would have to be really, really fast before I put a Tiger Racing hood on it.
thats reasonable.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I've always prefered the 00R hood myself. I don't think the Cervinis hood is functional ( heat extractor ) but I've heard it's a simple matter to have the louvers cut out. I've also heard that someone makes one that's functional but I forget who makes that one?

Users who are viewing this thread