03/04 fuel hat on 01 tank

r1wheelie

Established Member
Will a 03/04 fuel hat work with a 01 tank? Im looking to put a s/c on and was wondering if it would just bolt up and give me the amount of fuel I need? Im just looking to get about 420rwhp out of the kit for now. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it on here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
yep it will work fine. the thing that 03/04 TANKS have over ours is the baffling. Switching to the 03/04 tank is reccomended but not a "must". I would also delete the PPRV while you have everything apart.

r1wheelie

Established Member
yep it will work fine. the thing that 03/04 TANKS have over ours is the baffling. Switching to the 03/04 tank is reccomended but not a "must". I would also delete the PPRV while you have everything apart.

Is that a very hard switch? Also is there any complications with the tank not being baffled?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
there is some metal pieces in the bottom of your stock tank that will need to come out in order to fit the twin pumps from the 03/04 set up.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
^yes, with the execption of one of the electrical fittings on the top part of the tank, which can just be cut out ans swapped to fit your stock harness.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
^yes, with the execption of one of the electrical fittings on the top part of the tank, which can just be cut out ans swapped to fit your stock harness.

Negative. It's a plug and play deal with the 01's. I put the tank and pumps in my car and didn't have to cut anything.

01yellercobra

Established Member
oh cool, that was not the case with my 99 though, guess they are different.

I ended up just getting an 03 tank

I remember reading some things had to be changed in the 99's. I first ran the 04 pumps in my stock tank, but never really liked it. So I picked up the 03/04 tank and swapped it in. Everything popped right in.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
it really is and if you look they have been selling at a very reasonable price, I have seen some in the last few months for 400-500 shipped with upgraded pumps. The swap is very simple. Alot of people have trouble swapping the evap stuff over, but I can explain how to get it out if yours needs to be, it's not hard to do without breaking it.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
ok got another question do you think I would be ok with a BAP on the stock fuel pump im looking at around 4-420rwhp with my setup

You should be able to hit that with just an SVT Focus pump swapped in. It is a direct fit for the stock pump. Or you can adapt the connector and do a GT pump.

r1wheelie

Established Member
Ok well I got a 03/04 hat about the same a focus pump cost so I am going to go that route? Anyone know of a good install thread since this will be my first time doing this?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Anyone got any tips for installing a 03 hat in a 01 tank?

I had to break the plastic part attatched to the tank off. You'll see when you get in there. Other then that, it's just dropping the tank and swapping out the pumps.

You should really look into the matching tank though. You'll be kicking yourself in the butt when you have to drop the tank again. Ask me how I know.

Users who are viewing this thread