03-04 Exhaust Setup: What you running?

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I have a Mac off-road and loud borla Stingers. I know most of us run Borla Or Magnaflow. Any one running SLP Loudmouth II? I like how the SLP tucks up better than the borla set up. What you guys think?

chelseadevil21

Established Member
I'm running ARH 1 7/8" headers, Bassani o/r x, and catback so I can't comment on the SLP but I will say that it is unique sounding.

A.T

Established Member
MAC lontubes, MAC o/r pro-chamber, Steeda cat-back. I have a VRS o/r x arriving tomorrow, and installing after work. I like the sound of yours, but it was disappointing that I couldn't hear mine when I was behind you going to CSP. Then I'm going to cut out the inner exhaust tip with the hopes of a little louder. But what I love the most is that I don't get drone.

f2hatch

Established Member
When I first got my car I was running stock manifolds,midpipe, magnaflow cat-back way to quite. Kept that for about a week and put on a upr off road x pipe. Sounded good but want more. About a month later added bbk long tubes and o/r x pipe. Sounded great. But still wanted more but I kept that way for about a year. Then need a change so I found a guy cutting out his MAC mufflers so I bought them and had them welded into my magnaflow cat back. I loved it sound I wanted all along. I planned on keeping it. About a year and a later now and another exhaust change lol. Not cause I wanted to but needed to. The current setup is stock manifold 3" up pipe, 4" downpipe, single 4" exhaust into a 3" borla catback. It is super loud now. I never been a fan of borla and I can say I still am not a fan. A change is in the works now. I hope by csp cruise I will have done. I am getting rid of the catback all together. The next exhaust is 3" up pipe, 4"downpipe, 4" single exhaust to a single 4" magnaflow race muffler and dump.

Cobraluver

Established Member
i had stock manifolds, catted magnaflow x pipe & exhaust was too guiet for 2 months so welded aluminum piping in to take of the cats and still wasn't loud enough so bought magnaflow magnapacks and now i am satisfied :)

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Let's see. My old 03 had stock h with Borla quiet mufflers. Bassani Catted X with Stingers. Bassani O/R X with Stingers. Bassani O/R X with Bassani CB. Bassani Catted X with Bassani CB. Mac LT's, O/R X, M55's. And last and the best sounding IMO, Mac LT's, O/R X, and Stingers. Also had a 3" Mac CB to go on but never got the chance to mount it.

A.T

Established Member
Let's see. My old 03 had stock h with Borla quiet mufflers. Bassani Catted X with Stingers. Bassani O/R X with Stingers. Bassani O/R X with Bassani CB. Bassani Catted X with Bassani CB. Mac LT's, O/R X, M55's. And last and the best sounding IMO, Mac LT's, O/R X, and Stingers. Also had a 3" Mac CB to go on but never got the chance to mount it.

Funny thing is I was thinking about Stingers if I want it louder, with the MAC LT's and the VRS O/R X.

f2hatch

Established Member
loudmouths are way too raspy for my liking.

+1 I have never heard a slp exhaust sound good imo. I think MAC sounds the best. I wanted to keep mine but the clambered mufflers would kill the turbo

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
stock manifolds, stock mid pipe...borla stingers I love it, probably would never change it

only thing I would ever change it for is longtubes, but i'll probably never go down that road

If anyone is interested, I will have a set of borla stingers for sale come spring

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I have a bassani X and Bassani Catback. LOVE IT!

Don't go with the LMII's. I loved how they sounded, but they REALLY choke the exhaust. The inside diameter couldn't be bigger than 2" if not smaller

Here's a video of my old cobra.

[youtube_browser]9G6BRTDwWvE[/youtube_browser]

Travis

Established Member
you are the first person i have ever heard say that....what's the reason?

You have any exhaust vids?

Ground clearance. Kooks are like 2 inches off the ground even tho my car isn't even that low. Mac will give me the stance I like while keeping LTs.

No vid at the moment. I like how it sounds tho, real quiet until I get on it.

Another reason for the swap is that I have a leak at the manifold...bought the car sight unseen and that's what I get.

Figure while the headers are off anyway I can swap em

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Ground clearance. Kooks are like 2 inches off the ground even tho my car isn't even that low. Mac will give me the stance I like while keeping LTs.

No vid at the moment. I like how it sounds tho, real quiet until I get on it.

Another reason for the swap is that I have a leak at the manifold...bought the car sight unseen and that's what I get.

Figure while the headers are off anyway I can swap em

I would suggest Bassani Mid-Lengths.. Love mine ground clearance is awsome!!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I only have a little 2v gt, but I have a UPR O/RX and a Bassani catback. I'll probably buy another bassani CB one day when I get into a cobra I love it so much. No drove either and even tho I don't have an IRS, it still tucks up towards the middle better than my stingers ever did

Users who are viewing this thread