03-04 catback on sn95

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
IRS cat back will fit on an SRA car just not the other way around. I could be wrong but thats what I was told I know some guys on here have don it. You deff have to fab up some places to mount it though sense the IRS assembly has hangers on it that our cars do not have

2000gator

Established Member
Theres always people trying to swap IRS for SRA and vice versa. Do that and swap exhausts too if you don't drag your car.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I don't plan on drag racing it but I do want to try some road course stuff ,and I was also wondering hot do this cause I seen it done on like 3 other Sn95 pics I seen on google and Ithought id look good. Well I'm going to find out or try to install it and ill post pictures but i really dont want to do the IRS swap.thanks everyone

By your writing I can tell you are either young or you skipped every english class, but please read what we said. You CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT attempt to install a IRS catback on a car that doesn't have an IRS. There is no place for the pipes to go because of the location of the axles in our cars. The current pipes have that bend in them to go over the axles. Unless you plan on putting an IRS into that car then you can't have that exhaust.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I don't plan on drag racing it but I do want to try some road course stuff ,and I was also wondering hot do this cause I seen it done on like 3 other Sn95 pics I seen on google and Ithought id look good. Well I'm going to find out or try to install it and ill post pictures but i really dont want to do the IRS swap.thanks everyone

Go ahead and waste your money to get an IRS exhaust to work. Then live with the complaints of the pipes getting the shit beat out of them by both the road and the pumpkin. As well as not a quite fitting right.

While you're at it...

Swap in a 2v and for a celebratory dinner..have everyone come over for a BBQ and use big bills as charcoals for the burgers!

Don't say we didn't told you so [although I really am not the one to talk, lol]

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
not bein a jerk..but it works..i did it to my car, didnt have one issue scraping or hitting anything even with the car loaded with 4 ppl and it being lowered...the only bad news is i only gotthe tailpipe hangars to work and i had to tighten the crap out of the x to catback to get it to sit right..it works u just need to get hangars that work at an exhaust shop..it looks cool as hell...its alot of work but it looks cool in my op regardless of everyone here...

xTomKx

Established Member
not bein a jerk..but it works..i did it to my car, didnt have one issue scraping or hitting anything even with the car loaded with 4 ppl and it being lowered...the only bad news is i only gotthe tailpipe hangars to work and i had to tighten the crap out of the x to catback to get it to sit right..it works u just need to get hangars that work at an exhaust shop..it looks cool as hell...its alot of work but it looks cool in my op regardless of everyone here...

got any pics?

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
yep tons...most of these are in the process of perfecting it..then i pulled em and i have begun the polishing process..i am almost done with one side so i currently have my dumped spintechs on the car..but yea here are some pics agian this is all during the process and getting them to sit right!! so i dont need to hear one side is lower..i eventually got them almost perfect.
from when i first started
1997CobraRecent020.gif

CarPictures003.jpg

almost perfect..i guess i never really took a good shot with em sitting proper..but i got it lol
CarPictures002.gif

CarPictures005.gif

slightly saggin here
CarPictures004.jpg

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
and again i put almost 1k miles of differed daily driving an no scrapes, dents bumps or bruises form this set up...the toughest part was again getting them to sit right when u jacked the car up to tighten the pipes...it would be fine int he air then you would lower it down and one would noticably sag..so you really had to fiddle with it...

harvboi05

Established Member
and again i put almost 1k miles of differed daily driving an no scrapes, dents bumps or bruises form this set up...the toughest part was again getting them to sit right when u jacked the car up to tighten the pipes...it would be fine int he air then you would lower it down and one would noticably sag..so you really had to fiddle with it...

get some subframe connectors!

Looks like you have to remove the rear sway bar...is that right?

i thought you were running IRS exhaust on an SRA car?

Users who are viewing this thread