02 SS vs 03 cobra video!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra
Pardon me for not taking your word on the numbers. Everyone here is real polite and jovial, but don't think most people here don't have a slip or sheet in the back pocket.
:thumbsup:

:beer:

DaTruth

Established Member
What #'s are you questioning? How about visiting and registering on my board.. www.ls1tech.com. Go to our Drag Racing section and click on the Timeslips button at the top.. I am not starting any trash at all.. I have said this many times.. I like the 03 Cobra.. I would have purchased one, but I cant fit.. How many times do I have to say this.. The Mach1 is a nice car, but it took them awhile to catch up to a 5 year old design'd ls1.. I have 2 friends who have the Mach1, besides from the paint scheme. I like it.. There is nothing wrong with forced induction. I am going that route myself. I am a street racer.. Track times are not that important to me, but to some of my friends track times is the only thing they care about.. 3 of my co-workers roll in modded 03's. I have nothing bad to say about the 03 Cobra.. So how is that talking trash.. When I say I have never been beat by a 03 Cobra that is DaTruth.. I never said that I cant be beat.. One day someone will show up and accomplish this. It will probably be in the year 2007, but it will happen.:D Thats a joke, just in case you guys did not get that.. I do not mind you guys busting my chops. I expected that.. The only thing that bothers me is that you think that I came on here to bad mouth Fords.. My next car is going to be a 89 or 90 LX notchback. I am going to build a max effort drag car.. I am thinking about TT's for it..

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by DaTruth
What #'s are you questioning? How about visiting and registering on my board.. www.ls1tech.com. Go to our Drag Racing section and click on the Timeslips button at the top.. I am not starting any trash at all.. I have said this many times.. I like the 03 Cobra.. I would have purchased one, but I cant fit.. How many times do I have to say this.. The Mach1 is a nice car, but it took them awhile to catch up to a 5 year old design'd ls1.. I have 2 friends who have the Mach1, besides from the paint scheme. I like it.. There is nothing wrong with forced induction. I am going that route myself. I am a street racer.. Track times are not that important to me, but to some of my friends track times is the only thing they care about.. 3 of my co-workers roll in modded 03's. I have nothing bad to say about the 03 Cobra.. So how is that talking trash.. When I say I have never been beat by a 03 Cobra that is DaTruth.. I never said that I cant be beat.. One day someone will show up and accomplish this. It will probably be in the year 2007, but it will happen.:D Thats a joke, just in case you guys did not get that.. I do not mind you guys busting my chops. I expected that.. The only thing that bothers me is that you think that I came on here to bad mouth Fords.. My next car is going to be a 89 or 90 LX notchback. I am going to build a max effort drag car.. I am thinking about TT's for it..
That was very well put. Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay.:beer: I'll have to pass on the site invite though.;-)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
May have taken 5 years to catch up to the LS-1, but it took Chevy over a decade to catch up to the 5.0. Looks like Ford wins again :beer:

03CobraBro

Established Member

And it took GM 30 years to get a 350 to produce 350 to 400 horse without the help of mercury marine or lotus...

03CobraBro

Established Member

And it took GM 30 years to get a 350 to produce 350 to 400 horse without the help of mercury marine or lotus... The 4.6 has only been around as long as the LS1 and they've already got it pushing 400 horse.

DaTruth

Established Member
Thanks.. If they could make that seat go back further I might be joining the ranks one day..:)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
You can pick up seat track extenders from KB that will give you a lot more seat travel. I have a set for the drivers side from IST that does the same. I'll sell it to ya for $50 :) I get just enough with the stock slider. These seats go back futher than my 94 did.

Anyone know if we can do the typical Mustang "seat mod" to get another 1" or so? The one where you move the slider one hole further back and drill the new front hole? I'll have to look when I yank the seat to put in my clutch quadrant. My 94 Cobra had a different seat base than GTs did. Magnesium..

You can also run an aftermarket seat and track. I had a set of Corbeaus in my 94 with their manual slider, it gave an easy 6" more legroom. The seat back nearly touched the rear seat, even with a thinnner seat back. But the base doesn't tilt, only slides forward and back.

Then pick up a MGW shifter handle to move the shifter back to where it can be reached :)

There, all set to sell that GM now?

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
hehehehe. thanks. It had to be said.. theres about a farts-length of sound in between the shifts and it drives me nuts. It would have been so much cooler to watch if he power shifted..

silverzz28

Established Member
Hey you can't knock those 03 cobra's...They are damn fast and have plenty of potential. Im A chevy guy but I own a 99 lightning. I wouldnt give it up for a chevy truck in a minute. I also own a 95LT1Z28 that has been highly modifed and from a roll my buddies 03 cobra that made 420RWHP can run right next to me N/A. He's not far behind in the 1/4 either....

Users who are viewing this thread