02 GT Build

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
This might be the wrong forum to post this in but oh well.....anyway I have a stock 02 GT. Got the car 3 years ago from a police officer for 10k, car had 30k miles and was in great condition, well currently it is my daily, but im am about to purchase a new beater, so I can put the GT down and rebuild it. Plans are Stage 3 Roush kit, new brake and suspension, new paint, rims etc. Now the engine, i cant decide whether to put a 03/04 cobra 4v or a new Coyote.....my thoughts are 4v will be used and coyote will be brand new, but if i do get the 4v i am going to completely rebuild it, i know i guy right now who is selling a 4v motor, trans, and charger, with all the wiring and mounting hardware for 7k, i also plan on hitting the motor with 150 shot or better, I dont really plan on racing my car alot, its going to be for show, but if somebody happens to want to run, I wanna be able to hurt their feelings......what are your opinions ????

Car as of right now

IMAG0709-1 by KECHDIS, on Flickr

179268_10150092064410559_840095558_6254795_5821268_n by KECHDIS, on Flickr

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
Join 4x4.com

21l1mp1.jpg

It looks clean man, build that sucker up but make sure you lower it ASAP!

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Join 4x4.com

I'm a part of that place.

I don't know though, some people don't realize that going over 7 speed bumps, and then driving down a dirt road that is never graded, sometimes dropping the car isn't the best idea.

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
Seriously lol I went from a semi-stock 4x4 GT to my lowered cobra and I have to be so careful with every bump it sucks at times, but in the end its well worth it

loadchris

Established Member
Just build a sick 2V setup (MMR?) and throw some boost in her (12-16lbs). Mate that up to a T56, slam her and get rid of the black stuff on that pretty red paint and you'll be set. Toss in fuel system upgrades of course. Then after you rape some people just tell them "Its just a lil 2V!"

And please no Roush Kit.....there is something to be said about a clean slammed GT when YOU know whats under the hood.

Last edited:

Badass02GT

Established Member
Just build a sick 2V setup (MMR?) and throw some boost in her (12-16lbs). Mate that up to a T56, slam her and get rid of the black stuff on that pretty red paint and you'll be set. Toss in fuel system upgrades of course. Then after you rape some people just tell them "Its just a lil 2V!"

And please no Roush Kit.....there is something to be said about a clean slammed GT when YOU know whats under the hood.

^^This!!!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

^^This!!!

This x2, said the same thing in the other thread.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member

What this guy said! I don't even wanna change any body parts on mine other than the side skirts and wing eventually. But thats it :beer:

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member

^^This!!!

This x2, said the same thing in the other thread.

What this guy said! I don't even wanna change any body parts on mine other than the side skirts and wing eventually. But thats it :beer:

Yeah I have thought about doing this too, cause its the more logical path to take, cause if I drop a new motor in it, new body kits rims, suspension, etc. etc. im goin to be over 10k in just parts, thats not even labor, my original plan for my car was rebuilding the engine and spraying it, change my side skirts, maybe change my hood and spoil, but for the most part I want my car to be a sleeper, I dont really even want it to be loud, so i might had cut outs, but I also seen a GT with a Roush kit and 4v and fell in love with it. The money Im goin to dump into just parts I can put into what i already have, and i really want a sleeper, I want ppl to underestimate my car, only for them to get ass raped by a 2v.

Now in your opinion what do you guys prefer, NOS, supercharger, turbo, TT ??

Me personal I like NOS the best

loadchris

Established Member
I know this is gonna come out bad, so don't take it like Im bagging on you.
Please say Nitrous, not NOS (NAWSSS). Do your homework, its gonna take time to learn all these tips and tricks to get your ride the way YOU want it. SVTP is a great place to ask questions about GTs and 2Vs, but your best bet is to go to corral.net (personally I think its one of the best sites to learn and ask questions about your 2V). Tons of info on corral, when I had my 00GT I was schooled over there. Nitrous is a great bang for the buck power adder, but I would suggest a blower (supercharger) of some type.

Just sit down and take notes on what you plan on using the car for. Track, strip or street. Then go from there. From the sound of it, you want a nice street/strip car and a built 2V will get you there.

GO TO CORRAL.NET NOW and register!

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Lose the stripes, side exhaust and that grille.... and any chrome shit that may be inside the car.

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
I know this is gonna come out bad, so don't take it like Im bagging on you.
Please say Nitrous, not NOS (NAWSSS). Do your homework, its gonna take time to learn all these tips and tricks to get your ride the way YOU want it. SVTP is a great place to ask questions about GTs and 2Vs, but your best bet is to go to corral.net (personally I think its one of the best sites to learn and ask questions about your 2V). Tons of info on corral, when I had my 00GT I was schooled over there. Nitrous is a great bang for the buck power adder, but I would suggest a blower (supercharger) of some type.

Just sit down and take notes on what you plan on using the car for. Track, strip or street. Then go from there. From the sound of it, you want a nice street/strip car and a built 2V will get you there.

GO TO CORRAL.NET NOW and register!

Thanks man, and its cool, i kno a lil but not everything about cars and im always willing to learn more, and i never say NOS i just types it that way lol....and thats exactly want a want a nice street/strip car.

SVT GT

Established Member
Just go Turbo, for all that work to get the 03/04 Cobra engine, trans, etc etc etc in there and then the cooling mods for those positive displacement superchargers...its to much. Sounds like you are about ready to put some coin into your Mustang anyways so why not look into turbo/s. And whats better than saying what was mentioned before "Then after you rape some people just tell them 'Its just a lil 2V!' "

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
Just go Turbo, for all that work to get the 03/04 Cobra engine, trans, etc etc etc in there and then the cooling mods for those positive displacement superchargers...its to much. Sounds like you are about ready to put some coin into your Mustang anyways so why not look into turbo/s. And whats better than saying what was mentioned before "Then after you rape some people just tell them 'Its just a lil 2V!' "

Yea, I want the 4v, but i dont wanna drop 10k in just parts, My stock 2v runs strong right now and i have no problems at all with it, and i wanna keep it a 2v, so imma just build that ****er.

SVT GT

Established Member
I thought long and hard about doing a complete Cobra swap. Engine, tranny, driveshaft, wiring, computer, etc etc for everything then install prices and tune. When its all done at the end of the day you could have had a really wicked nasty 2V. Dont get me wrong it looks great, bragging rights and all that but the money does not add doing the complete Cobra swap. Spent years thinking, searching, watching vids, reading about either a procharger or kenne bell, then found what I thought was a good idea....the tork teck kits. Another cool thing to do but now you are back to square one (I have one for sale if anyone is interested by the way lol). I'm going to do a turbo myself and ordering this week. Good luck in your build!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I have thought about doing this too, cause its the more logical path to take, cause if I drop a new motor in it, new body kits rims, suspension, etc. etc. im goin to be over 10k in just parts, thats not even labor, my original plan for my car was rebuilding the engine and spraying it, change my side skirts, maybe change my hood and spoil, but for the most part I want my car to be a sleeper, I dont really even want it to be loud, so i might had cut outs, but I also seen a GT with a Roush kit and 4v and fell in love with it. The money Im goin to dump into just parts I can put into what i already have, and i really want a sleeper, I want ppl to underestimate my car, only for them to get ass raped by a 2v.

Now in your opinion what do you guys prefer, NOS, supercharger, turbo, TT ??

Me personal I like NOS the best

The thing I don't like about nitrous on a daily driven car is that you always have to be sure there is nitrous in the bottle. With you wanting to always "be prepared" for a street confrontation, and it would be a bummer if you were challenged the day you just happen to have an empty bottle. With a turbo or blower, that isn't an issue. And as long as you don't pop the hood, nobody will know what under the hood unless you start regularly racing and word gets out. Which doesn't sound like from what I've read that that would ever be the case. Have fun with whatever you decide to do, though. :thumbsup:

KECHDIS_GT

Established Member
I thought long and hard about doing a complete Cobra swap. Engine, tranny, driveshaft, wiring, computer, etc etc for everything then install prices and tune. When its all done at the end of the day you could have had a really wicked nasty 2V. Dont get me wrong it looks great, bragging rights and all that but the money does not add doing the complete Cobra swap. Spent years thinking, searching, watching vids, reading about either a procharger or kenne bell, then found what I thought was a good idea....the tork teck kits. Another cool thing to do but now you are back to square one (I have one for sale if anyone is interested by the way lol). I'm going to do a turbo myself and ordering this week. Good luck in your build!

The thing I don't like about nitrous on a daily driven car is that you always have to be sure there is nitrous in the bottle. With you wanting to always "be prepared" for a street confrontation, and it would be a bummer if you were challenged the day you just happen to have an empty bottle. With a turbo or blower, that isn't an issue. And as long as you don't pop the hood, nobody will know what under the hood unless you start regularly racing and word gets out. Which doesn't sound like from what I've read that that would ever be the case. Have fun with whatever you decide to do, though. :thumbsup:

You are totally right, i cant see myself swapping everything and dumping that much money into parts, when i can just build what i already have....building my 2v will save me alot of time and money.

And CobraBob you right, I will always have to much sure my bottle is filled, but right now Nitrous is my best bet, and its the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread