01 Cobra w/Vortech...help/suggestions

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I'm thinking it's definitely my MAF. I clocked it about 45 degrees and now I'm getting P0172, P0175 and P1132. Before I was getting P0171 and P0174 but I'm not getting those now. I'm thinking I need to replace my whole MAF unit.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
No, I ordered it from Speed Concepts Monday a week ago and haven't gotten it yet.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I'm not saying it isn't the pump but the car ran fine for about 5,000 miles with the Vortech pump prior to my number 3 cylinder letting go. The pump could've been the reason why my number 3 let go...I don't know but I know the car runs RICH RICH at WOT and LEAN LEAN LEAN when off throttle.

Anyway I just spoke to the guys at Speed Concepts and the Focus pump was on backorder but they've made arrangements to have mine shipped straight from Ford to me and I should have it no later than Monday...I had ordered it on the 18th of Jan. via 3-Day Select but they seem to be working with me so no complaints.

I also order the 80mm MAF for 42lb injectors from Vortech via 2-Day Air. So maybe my problem will be cured by next week. I'll be sure to put the MAF on first before I put the pump on so I can pinpoint the problem.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
New MAF meter has cured my problems. No more stalling and no more jerking. However, I'm still gonna drop in the Focus pump.

Furinox

Established Member
If you still have a problem holding rpm's ex 4k rpm in 3rd on the highway getting ready to nail it, then it's because the bypass that ships with the vortech kit is WAAAAY too small and doesn't flow enough air. Causes the blower to surge. I upgraded to the procharger one.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Man, way old thread. I appreciate the input but I've done tons of upgrades since I first posted this thread and got quite a bit of dyno time so, no worries anymore. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread